ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO request additional documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

psnlb

HO request additional documents

Post by psnlb » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:49 am

Hi guys,

I applied on 23 june and recently got a letter from HO requesting I send them another English test, which I did after 1 week and they have now received it.

Has anyone had a similar experience and can advise on how long it would usually take to receive approval after this type of requests? I even thought that it might prolong my application beyond the 6 months period, is that the case?

Many thanks

fwd079
Diamond Member

Re: HO request additional documents

Post by fwd079 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:46 pm

Its usually a few months till approval.

But personally I would reset the clock the date you sent new test results. It might have gone into a different group of applications now. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

psnlb

Post by psnlb » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:06 pm

Ugh... Not really what I wanted to hear but thanks for your reply mate. I was honestly hoping to receive the enveloppe any day now.. I guess it's time to sit on my hands again and hope

ficklepickle123
BANNED

Post by ficklepickle123 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:08 am

May I ask which language test you used ?

psnlb

Post by psnlb » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:29 am

Trinity College GESE grade 5

Manchester171

Post by Manchester171 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:17 pm

You were lucky to be asked to send another certificate. I read here before that one member's application was refused because he had wrong English certificate. So it seems it depends on about how kind is the Case worker dealing with applicant's documents. Some may refuse straight away and others may send for more documents.

psnlb

Post by psnlb » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:06 pm

Well if that had happened then I would've had a very heated conversation with the NCS lady who said the TOEFL was fine. I am already pissed off that she told me that instead of advising to do another test. In fairness to her though, she did contact HO while I was there and they told her it was fine, while admitting that the guidance was changing a lot and wasn't very clear on the issue... :?

psnlb

Post by psnlb » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:34 pm

Well I'm glad to say that I received approval today! 10 days after they received the test I sent them. Hope this is useful to whoever is in a similar situation.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:10 pm

psnlb wrote:Well I'm glad to say that I received approval today! 10 days after they received the test I sent them. Hope this is useful to whoever is in a similar situation.
Hello buddy,

What was your ILR approval date and have you submitted the same English certificate which you submitted for your ILR application?
Thanks
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

psnlb

Post by psnlb » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:52 pm

I basically did a TOEFL test in 2009 which I used to get my Tier 2 visa and enter the UK that year.
I got ILR in 2014 and didn't submit that TOEFL test or any other english test as it wasn't required.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:02 pm

psnlb wrote:I basically did a TOEFL test in 2009 which I used to get my Tier 2 visa and enter the UK that year.
I got ILR in 2014 and didn't submit that TOEFL test or any other english test as it wasn't required.
Can you please share the letter issued by home office hiding your personal details.

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:26 am

I don't know why some people making confusion on which test to submit because it clearly says in the guideline
If someone met the koll requirement at the time of ILR he/she does not have to demonstrate language ability again.
I submit my expired (IELTS) with Nat. Application in November after asking NCS and they said it's fine and just tick the box that I have met language requirement b4 therefore if language requirement is met b4 then no need to prove again.
Thnx
*The gravity*

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:30 am

fbutt50 wrote:I don't know why some people making confusion on which test to submit because it clearly says in the guideline
If someone met the koll requirement at the time of ILR he/she does not have to demonstrate language ability again.
I submit my expired (IELTS) with Nat. Application in November after asking NCS and they said it's fine and just tick the box that I have met language requirement b4 therefore if language requirement is met b4 then no need to prove again.
Thnx
...and has your application been approved? I would advise members to read through this thread carefully: http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 58-60.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:55 pm

I applied in Nov. 2015 and waiting for outcome however it's too early to expect outcome. But guideline says after 12 Nov.2015 test has to b in approved centre and acceptable list of qualifications but I applied on 4th Nov. So it does not apply to me.
*The gravity*

psnlb

Post by psnlb » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:58 pm

FYI I applied on 23 june and they still requested a new test from me...

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:22 pm

Your test was probably too old and it's not on HO accepted qualifications list.
*The gravity*

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:26 pm

You should have submitted toefl test at the time of Nat. Application as an evidence that u met English requirement b4.
*The gravity*

psnlb

Post by psnlb » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:02 pm

I did submit the test and I was told at the time by the NCS worker that it will be fine.

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:01 pm

Because u did not provide English test at the time of ur ILR that means u did not satisfy English requirement to acquire ILR therefore they asked u to supply new test I think.
*The gravity*

psnlb

Post by psnlb » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:04 pm

Yeah that would make sense I guess. Unfortunately that's not how the NCS understood it and I ended up with delays and an unhealthy dose of stress... Good luck in your application

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:29 pm

psnlb wrote:Yeah that would make sense I guess. Unfortunately that's not how the NCS understood it and I ended up with delays and an unhealthy dose of stress... Good luck in your application
Sorry, how does it make sense? Please explain it to me as well.

psnlb

Post by psnlb » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:35 pm

Well this is how I understood it.

I obtained ILR after October 2013 but in my application I did not submit evidence of English Language, the reason being that I had already satisfied that requirement when I obtained Tier 2 in 2009.

So where it gets pretty silly is that I satisfied the Language in 2009 for Tier 2, wasn't required to do so for ILR in 2013, and then required again for citizenship in 2015!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:47 pm

If you were granted settlement without submitting an "English language test result" along with the settlement application, consider yourself lucky that your ILR was approved by error - because even at that time SET(O) required you to either provide a certificate or a test result ID so that the results could be viewed online!

The question is why were you asked to take another test when you had include in your naturalisation application a test result of 2009 on the basis of which you were granted entry clearance and extensions under Tier 2, (supposedly) settlement under PBS route .. even though you claim you did not include the result in settlement application .... and according to form AN (and also fbutt50) you are exempt from the English language requirements since you obtained settlement after October 2013?

Why is it that your naturalisation application was approved only after you provided evidence of a SELT test despite being exempt?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:36 pm

Thanks for wishing me good luck for my application and I can imagine how u feel about NCS people because I have been bitten by them as well while asking to answer a question in AN form so be careful guys when sending applications thru NCS.
*The gravity*

psnlb

Post by psnlb » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:15 pm

Sushdmehta,

I applied for ILR through a lawyer and she was 100% sure that I didn't need to submit a test result or anything similar. Application was approved the same day without issues.

I can only re-iteriate your last question, I don't know the answer, I just did what they asked and got approved.