ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Amended Certificate of Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mimanchee
Newly Registered

Amended Certificate of Naturalisation

Post by mimanchee » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:47 pm

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has experienced this recently.

I had to send my certificate of naturalisation back and get an amended one because the order of my name is wrong. This is only because the name order in my birth country and name order in the UK are different.

So I've paid £168 (or whichever the right fee is now) to get that done and heard that it usually take about 6 weeks. This I think is already an appalling service considering the fee for printing a new certificate is already extortionate.

However everytime I called to check up the status, they increase the waiting time. I called them just now and they said 10 weeks (almost 3 months for a certificate!!).

Does anyone know what is the realistic timeframe for this and what I can do to speed things up? I'm thinking of contacting my MP but not sure if that would be of any help.

Thanks so much for any advice.

fwd079
Diamond Member

Re: Amended Certificate of Naturalisation

Post by fwd079 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:48 pm

Possibly due to Christmas holidays. I think that could cause bit of delay.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: Amended Certificate of Naturalisation

Post by Zee ali » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:35 pm

mimanchee wrote:Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has experienced this recently.

I had to send my certificate of naturalisation back and get an amended one because the order of my name is wrong. This is only because the name order in my birth country and name order in the UK are different.

So I've paid £168 (or whichever the right fee is now) to get that done and heard that it usually take about 6 weeks. This I think is already an appalling service considering the fee for printing a new certificate is already extortionate.

However everytime I called to check up the status, they increase the waiting time. I called them just now and they said 10 weeks (almost 3 months for a certificate!!).

Does anyone know what is the realistic timeframe for this and what I can do to speed things up? I'm thinking of contacting my MP but not sure if that would be of any help.

Thanks so much for any advice.
HI

Just wanted know is that your mistake that name sequence was wrong in the certificate or HO?

If its HO mistake than why u send them the fees as it in not your mistake.

They did a mistake in my child MN1 certificate. Put a wrong nationality section. I just send the certificate back to the address mentioned in approval letter (as they said in the approval letter if any mistake send the certificate back to this office). i didn't fill any form or pay any fees. Just wanted know i did the right thing or not?

Regards
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided