ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of Document form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maysey
Newly Registered

Return of Document form

Post by maysey » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:39 pm

Hi
The home office have received my husbands citizenship application, taken payment and also will have received the biometric information which was done at the post office Friday.
We really need his original passport and indefinite leave visa back as we have booked to return to his original home country in January. We are worried about using the online 'return of documents' form as it states that your application will be withdrawn if you request the documents and they haven't been checked. we sent a 'special delivery' self addressed envelope with the application hoping the documents would be returned quickly, but we can find no information on how long this may take. I've tried to contact the home office but obviously have been unable to speak to anyone.
What are others experiences? Has anyone used this form and been successful?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Return of Document form

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:57 pm

It can take a few weeks to get documents back if requested.

Is it for a holiday? Can it not be postponed? Some people are waiting in excess of 6 moths for the outcome (and documents) of their applications.

Why didnt you apply using NCS at the council thereby keeping your original documents?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:16 pm

CR001 wrote: Why didnt you apply using NCS at the council thereby keeping your original documents?
Yes why indeed, I was about the ask the same question, unless from Northern Ireland or remote parts of Scotland, its fairly easy, and a lot cheaper than all the fees and hassles of worrying about originals.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Firefade

Post by Firefade » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:55 am

A neighbours document was returned 3days after applying.She was even called from the HO to pay for a next day delivery.It depends on your circumstances,going on holiday may not be one of them.