ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport and last name

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RoyW
Newly Registered

Passport and last name

Post by RoyW » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:44 pm

Dear forum!
I was naturalized and have my maiden name on my certificate and all other documents because I was advised to do so. Now I need to order UK passport and write there my husband's last name as my last name (instead of my maiden name), how can I do it? What other documents would I have to change? And if I will retain my maiden last name and add my husband's last name to it - will I have to change any other documents as well?
Thanks

RoyW
Newly Registered

Re: Passport and last name

Post by RoyW » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:17 pm

And what this means: "Examiners should also remember, even
if there is a marriage certificate
submitted, it is vital the maiden na
me is checked to ensure there is no
passport in those details and that
the maiden name is case noted and added
to passport notes." Does it mean I cannot have my maiden name on my old passport from my country and on my new UK passport they will write my husband's last name as my last name now and my maiden name as well? I have never heard anything like this before and I am very confused, please anybody clarify it for me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:20 pm

Please read the threads below to understand the difficulty you will have if you try to change your name now to your married name.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 83170.html

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 84012.html

If you don't want to risk a refusal or long delay, I would suggest you apply for your passport in your maiden name as it appears on your certificate and your foreign passport and then change it at a later stage.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RoyW
Newly Registered

Post by RoyW » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:52 pm

thank you very much for this information, I had no idea all these things can happen...Thank you a lot for help