ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sshah20
Pakistan

English Language Requirment

Post by sshah20 » Sat May 07, 2016 7:48 pm

Hi,

I want to apply for my wife British Citizenship. She has ILR since Nov 2014. She will be applying as spouse of British Citizen. She has Master degree from Pakistan, Naric compatibility Letter which states that her degree is equivalent to ordinary British Bachelor Degree plus a letter for her university which clearly states that her degree was taught in English.

Does she also need to provide Naric English Language Assessment letter (ELA)?. The AN booklet and guidance noted are quite confusing.

Please help.

Sshah

geriatrix

Re: English Language Requirment

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 07, 2016 8:25 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

dkmca80

Post by dkmca80 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:56 pm

Hi Mate,

I am about to get my citizenship ceremony in Feb'17 first week and after that I am planning to apply for my wife natrulization ( she came in 2012 and got ILR in 2015 MAy) under 3 yrs rule if spouse became BC.
I have question regarding english requirment for my wife- She has MSC from India and got Letters from College and Unvi that the degree was taught in English and same has been provided during ILR in MAY'2015 without any issues.

1- Do i need NARIC for her or any other english requirement test or the college/Unvi letters are enough provided during ILR in MAY'2015 and I can see in AN1 form that English req is prvoved during ILR after 2013.
"I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013; "

Please guide me if someone has gone through the same situation.

Thanks
DK

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:24 pm

@dkmca80, kindly stop tagging other aging posts.
Continue in your current topic - where you are receiving responses.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.