ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Degree in English for Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

spzenthil

Degree in English for Naturalization

Post by spzenthil » Mon May 09, 2016 5:02 pm

Hi,

I have received my ILR last year and eligible for Naturalization from May 30th. I have used the Medium of instruction letter from the University, along with the degree certificate and also the PBS which shows my university is recognized by NARIC.

I am wondering whether these documents are good enough for Naturalization or should I need to get a ELA from NARIC as well? I have gone through the application form and the website and it is not 100% clear.

Appreciate any support.

Thanks,
-Senthil

geriatrix

Re: Degree in English for Naturalization

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 09, 2016 6:11 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

spzenthil

Post by spzenthil » Tue May 10, 2016 8:35 am

Hi Geriatrix,

Thanks for pointing out the link. I did read through it and from that it seems you have to have a NARIC certified letter.

But If I check on this link

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english

It specifies as below.
You’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:

an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)
So from the second option it looks like it is not required. that's why trying to get opinion of the experts on what they think?

Appreciate your support.

Thanks,
-Senthil

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Tue May 10, 2016 8:08 pm

Where did you get your degree? The second paragraph in that quote refers to degrees obtained in majority English speaking countries (except Canada), such as the USA, Australia etc.

spzenthil

Post by spzenthil » Wed May 11, 2016 8:15 am

Hi ohara,

I got my degree in India.

Thanks,
-Senthi