ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document Checklist

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

blackeyed

Document Checklist

Post by blackeyed » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:43 am

Hi All, I am going to apply for citizenship, so just wanted to check if these documents are sufficent.

1) Passport & BRP
2) Application form
3) Trinity college CEFR grade 5 English (B1.1)
4) Photographs
5) Life in UK

Do I need to send any income proof like bank statements, employment history or P60s as mentioned by others in forum ? And I came on deputation from Indian company in 2008&2009 for 6 months each time. Do I need to mention these as that UK employment in last 10 years?

Thanks

blackeyed

Re: Document Checklist

Post by blackeyed » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:25 am

Any advice guys ? I am working as director of my IT company do I need salary slips etc ?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:19 am

blackeyed wrote:Any advice guys ? I am working as director of my IT company do I need salary slips etc ?
If/whenever employed or self-employed in UK (eg liable for UK taxes) mention employment.

No salary slips - this is not a visa application.

Don't forget payment form.
Previous passports showing entry/exit to/from UK.
&
Return self-addressed, pre-paid envelope (unless applying via NCS)

Is the proof of English an up to date and approved SELT?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

yavooz

Post by yavooz » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:25 am

i'm a director of my ltd company as well, I took my tax documents to NCS and they said no tax related stuff is required unless you are currently self employed.

I'm still waiting for the result of my application though, so I hope she was right.

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:05 am

yavooz wrote:i'm a director of my ltd company as well, I took my tax documents to NCS and they said no tax related stuff is required unless you are currently self employed.

I'm still waiting for the result of my application though, so I hope she was right.
As per my understanding, company directors are considered self employed under company structure as long as home office is concerned. I think company directors are required by most councils to provide SA302's , tax returns and statement of account. I will appreciate if seniors/ moderators on this board help us to understand what tax related documents company directors need to submit with their citizenship applications.

blackeyed

Post by blackeyed » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:16 am

noajthan wrote:
blackeyed wrote:Any advice guys ? I am working as director of my IT company do I need salary slips etc ?
If/whenever employed or self-employed in UK (eg liable for UK taxes) mention employment.

No salary slips - this is not a visa application.

Don't forget payment form.
Previous passports showing entry/exit to/from UK.
&
Return self-addressed, pre-paid envelope (unless applying via NCS)

Is the proof of English an up to date and approved SELT?
Thanks mate, yeah I gave test Trinity Glasgow SELT centre last week only. Using NCS so will skip self addressed envelope.

blackeyed

Post by blackeyed » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:01 pm

yavooz wrote:i'm a director of my ltd company as well, I took my tax documents to NCS and they said no tax related stuff is required unless you are currently self employed.

Thanks mate that's a relief :)