ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence Card for ILR (Non-EU national)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kanswam

Permanent Residence Card for ILR (Non-EU national)

Post by kanswam » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:40 pm

All
I am not certain if this the right thread to post this query.

I had recently secured my ILR (Tier 1 General before) and 2 of my children born here got their UK passports. We are planning a trip to Europe and I looked up some of the countries where it said holders of Permanent Resident cards get free travel access to EU countries if accompanied by a EU/British national.

Does anyone (non-EU national) on this forum had applied for this permanent residence card? If yes, is there good value to have this card?

Appreciate your response.

noajthan

Re: Permanent Residence Card for ILR (Non-EU national)

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:42 pm

kanswam wrote:All
I am not certain if this the right thread to post this query.

I had recently secured my ILR (Tier 1 General before) and 2 of my children born here got their UK passports. We are planning a trip to Europe and I looked up some of the countries where it said holders of Permanent Resident cards get free travel access to EU countries if accompanied by a EU/British national.

Does anyone (non-EU national) on this forum had applied for this permanent residence card? If yes, is there good value to have this card?

Appreciate your response.
You are not the family member of an EEA national and not eligibkle for PR or a DCPR. You don't need it anyway as you have your ILR.

To enjoy a trip to Europe you need a Schengen visa for that country.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

kanswam

Re: Permanent Residence Card for ILR (Non-EU national)

Post by kanswam » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:00 pm

Thank you Noajthan for your response.

cheers