ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Naturalisation refused (Toeic)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation
razar
Newly Registered

Naturalisation refused (Toeic)

Post by razar » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:29 pm

hi all,

my turn to contribute to this very useful forum. just sharing my experience here reagarding naturalization refusal due to toeic.

i did the toeic back in 2012 but never used in any of my application.

- got the ilr in 2013,
- on my return from pakistan in june 2015 i was quizzed for 45 minutes at the airport, thankfully my ilr was not revoked, may be because i had two british children with me
- applied for naturalization in 2014 july using B1 CEFR.
- in december 2015 i did the ielts life skills as well as a precaution.
- in feb 2016 i was called up for the interview in liverpool in which i maintained that i never used the toeic certificate and also produced the ielts certificate, they took note of the ielts result.
- in april 2016, my naturalication application was refused saying that although you didn't use the toeic to support you application, you were still complicit of a serious attack on immigration system. i was advised in the letter not to apply for another 10 years effectively accusing me of deception
- june 2016, i filed for review. got the acknowledgment after 1 month in which they have apparently given themselves unlimited time to themselves saying that a decision will be made in 6 months unless there is a relevant case pending in courts or the govt needs to come up with some sort of legislation

now i think they may start deciding the review application after the case decision in october but considering that they are just sitting on the applications for months i am not very hopeful though.

any advises or suggestions regarding my case? any assessments as to what the future course may be? can i go to court if they delay the review decision for too long?

Thanks

Salman1212
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation refused (Toeic); ILR revoked

Post by Salman1212 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:14 pm

Razar I think you should take the receipts you got from the airport and Liverpool and see your mp so that he could write to the citizenship department on your behalf

London20

Re: Naturalisation refused (Toeic); ILR revoked

Post by London20 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:43 pm

Salman1212 wrote:Razar I think you should take the receipts you got from the airport and Liverpool and see your mp so that he could write to the citizenship department on your behalf
Salman what a u talking about?I remember your post last year where you were saying that your ILR was revoked in airport then you wrote letter to HO and they restore all your paper back.then you post it that you renew your application for naturalization. and now they revoked your ILR.
I think you just created some stories and you want as to believe.

Salman1212
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation refused (Toeic)

Post by Salman1212 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:54 pm

You might have to win your case in jr see a lawyer

pink85

Post by pink85 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:21 pm

razar wrote:hi all,

my turn to contribute to this very useful forum. just sharing my experience here reagarding naturalization refusal due to toeic.

i did the toeic back in 2012 but never used in any of my application.

- got the ilr in 2013,
- on my return from pakistan in june 2015 i was quizzed for 45 minutes at the airport, thankfully my ilr was not revoked, may be because i had two british children with me
- applied for naturalization in 2014 july using B1 CEFR.
- in december 2015 i did the ielts life skills as well as a precaution.
- in feb 2016 i was called up for the interview in liverpool in which i maintained that i never used the toeic certificate and also produced the ielts certificate, they took note of the ielts result.
- in april 2016, my naturalication application was refused saying that although you didn't use the toeic to support you application, you were still complicit of a serious attack on immigration system. i was advised in the letter not to apply for another 10 years effectively accusing me of deception
- june 2016, i filed for review. got the acknowledgment after 1 month in which they have apparently given themselves unlimited time to themselves saying that a decision will be made in 6 months unless there is a relevant case pending in courts or the govt needs to come up with some sort of legislation

now i think they may start deciding the review application after the case decision in october but considering that they are just sitting on the applications for months i am not very hopeful though.

any advises or suggestions regarding my case? any assessments as to what the future course may be? can i go to court if they delay the review decision for too long?

Thanks
i have same issue and i am traveling too aswell. do u think i can get problem..i just got ilr 2 week ago

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:50 pm

pink85 wrote:i have same issue and i am traveling too aswell. do u think i can get problem..i just got ilr 2 week ago
Please don't continually high jack other members' threads with your own questions. It's unfair and confusing so please stick to posting in your own thread.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Rizcon

Post by Rizcon » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm

Casa wrote:
pink85 wrote:i have same issue and i am traveling too aswell. do u think i can get problem..i just got ilr 2 week ago
Please don't continually high jack other members' threads with your own questions. It's unfair and confusing so please stick to posting in your own thread.
In my opinion, one person is writing both made up stories. It's an attempt to attract the attention of people who used TOEIC and contact a specific lawyer.

CR001

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:07 pm

Rizcon wrote:In my opinion, one person is writing both made up stories. It's an attempt to attract the attention of people who used TOEIC and contact a specific lawyer.
Razar and pink185 are two different users.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Salman1212
Newly Registered

Post by Salman1212 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:42 pm

Sm qadir case won in court of appeal yesterday against home office I hope home office comes with a clear policy now dealing other cases in line

razar
Newly Registered

Post by razar » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:09 pm

hi all,

UPDATE

below is my timeline for everyone's benefit

september 2012: appeared in TOEIC test , but never used in any of my applications
july 2013: ILR recieved
July 2014: applied for naturalization using B1 certificate
December 2015 : did IELTS for life skills, didn't need to but still did it
MArch 2016: Called for interview in liverpool, all the questions were related to toeic test
April 2016: Refused citizenship, homeoffice accused me of deception even though i never used toeic certificate in any of my applications
June 2016: Filed for review
December 2016: got a solicitor to chase for the case, he wrote 3 letters to ask homeoffice to decide the review application
March 2017: got the citizenship invitation, attended the ceremony in a couple of days after receiving invitation

i had got really frustrated with such a long delay in deciding my review application that i was literally 1 day away from serving them the pre-action protocol letter. thankfully they reversed their initial decision and granted me citizenship. it could be that the letters from my solicitors helped expedite the process but i am not sure of that.

its been a really painful wait of almost 33 months but in the end it paid off. good luck to all who are still waiting for their citizenship and i hope it goes well for you all, i'd say better to engage a solicitor. from what it seemed to me, the ones who never used the toeic certificate will eventually get their citizenships soon.

Good luck to you all

anabat22

Post by anabat22 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi Razar

I'm not sure will you receive this msg or not. Because it is old post. Would you pls reply back to my msg I have few question to ask.

Thanks

razar
Newly Registered

Post by razar » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:10 pm

hi anabat,

i dont think i am able to recieve pm due to lack of contribution. so you will have to ask the question here