ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

drpbalaji1960

citizenship ceremony

Post by drpbalaji1960 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:06 pm

Pls could i have advice.

received the naturalisation letter from the home office asking to arrange ceremony with my local registrar office. but the issue is that its a small town and they are delaying due to the non availability of the mayor. looks like it'll take a long time. will it be possible for me to call any other registrar office and request my ceremony to be done there.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: citizenship ceremony

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:08 pm

No, you cannot just call another council and have it rearranged. If you want to change location of the ceremony, you have to inform the council and HO. The council then have to send your certificate back to HO, who will then send it to a new location. This can take several weeks and cause delays.

How long is the waiting at your current council?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.