ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No approval yet

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

No approval yet

Post by Son_of_Soil » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:23 am

Hi
I applied on 3/08/2016 for my naturalisation , provided bio metrics on20/08/2016, I am started to get worried as people who applied after me already got their approvals .
From the timeline , approvals are being received between 7-9 weeks from biometrics

MrsT
Mood:

Re: No approval yet

Post by MrsT » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:37 am

Approvals can take up to 6 months, sometimes even longer. This depends on personal circumstances. Please be patient. Alternatively, you could get in touch with the Home Office and ask about the current progress of your application.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:47 am

No need for multiple posts.

Every case is different.
There's no rhyme or reason to HO processing times.
HO won't entertain enquiries until the stated 6 months is up.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:17 am

Hi
Do you think HO staff looks after the biometric submitted at weekend ? As mine were done at weekend wondering If it's adding delay to the timeline .
Regards

noajthan wrote:No need to post multiple posts.

Every case is different.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:25 am

Son_of_Soil wrote:Hi
Do you think HO staff looks after the biometric submitted at weekend ? As mine were done at weekend wondering If it's adding delay to the timeline .
Regards
As was pointed out there is no rhyme or reason as to when applications get approved.
I am in the same position, try not to read too much into the timings, certainly not at this stage, some approvals are still coming after many months.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mg543
Newly Registered

Post by mg543 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:04 am

Son_of_soil ... LOL ... i have been waiting for almost 9 months now .. applied on 8th Feb 2016 and haven't received any letter from the HO yet. Had my biometrics in Mar tho!!! Hope you dont have to wait this long.....!!!

d1o

Post by d1o » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:49 am

I note you used NCS Warwickshire for your application. Were you made to cancel or add any things on your application form while attending your JCAP submission appointment?
Regards

Every case is different.

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:37 pm

Hi
No nothing like that happened when I submitted my applications
Wonder what kinda checks are performed in the decision making process?

Regards

d1o wrote:I note you used NCS Warwickshire for your application. Were you made to cancel or add any things on your application form while attending your JCAP submission appointment?
Regards

Every case is different.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:19 pm

There's nothing to worry about. As noajthan points out, each case is different and assessed on its own individual merit. There is no pattern to any decision times, as every one's will vary.

Mine other half's was decided in two and a half month, a friend of mine had his decision over six months, for someone else it had taken nine months. You applied in August, so only recently, too early yet.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:34 pm

Hi
Thanks for your reply. I am just hoping all goes well . It's not a complicated case however cnt say until it's all approved .

What kinda checks they perform ? Any idea? I applied on the basis of 5 yrs tier 1 visa n then 5 yrs of ILR
Regards
WR1 wrote:There's nothing to worry about. As noajthan points out, each case is different and assessed on its own individual merit. There is no pattern to any decision times, as every one's will vary.

Mine other half's was decided in two and a half month, a friend of mine had his decision over six months, for someone else it had taken nine months. You applied in August, so only recently, too early yet.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:38 pm

Everything in the form will be scrutinised, some of the information will be crosschecked and verified.

There's no point agonising over it, its out of your hands and just a waiting game now.

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:05 pm

Hello all
Still no sign of any approval yet.

I was reading through few post, and it was mentioned few time that if no checks Were performed since ILR and if the BRP wasn't issued at time of ILR , that'd add a considerable amount of in the decision making for Naturalisation

I wasn't issued any BRP card etc . Please write your views on this .

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:14 pm

With the greatest of respect, I do not understand your worry. You applied on the 3rd of August, which was 3 months ago yesterday. The process can take 6 months and longer. There are cases on this forum where people had to wait a year and longer. Why are you so concerned? If the Home Office has not contacted you about missing certifications it's a good sign. Everything is going its way in its own time. Stop worrying.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:30 pm

Son_of_Soil wrote:Hello all

I was reading through few post, and it was mentioned few time that if no checks Were performed since ILR and if the BRP wasn't issued at time of ILR , that'd add a considerable amount of in the decision making for Naturalisation

You just got it - congrats!!!!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:36 pm

alterhase58 wrote:

Got what :?: :?: :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:38 pm

Casa wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:

Got what :?: :?: :!:
Sorry -
see timeline update
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1417830

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:49 pm

Oh well then there you go, congrats! :D

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:55 pm

Thanks , after 10 mins of posting this question , I got the approval .

Thanks everyone .
MrsGreenside wrote:Oh well then there you go, congrats! :D

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:06 pm

Son_of_Soil wrote:Thanks , after 10 mins of posting this question , I got the approval .

Thanks everyone.]
Congratulations.
Look at it this way, you have now progressed to the next level in the UK induction programme:
  • stiff upper lip
    queuing
    bulldog spirit
    stoicism