ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JCAP passport status check after Citizenship Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Jambe

JCAP passport status check after Citizenship Ceremony

Post by Jambe » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:02 pm

Hello
Does anyone have any idea about how long it usually takes to get passport after ceremony if you have applied via JCAP scheme.
And I tried to check status online last night but it says they will email me for status of passport application.but still no sign for this email..!! Does anyone has any idea how long it takes to get reply back..!!

Thanks

mkh05r

Re: JCAP passport status check after Citizenship Ceremony

Post by mkh05r » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:32 pm

I am in the same situation. Ceremony held on 1nov, since then nothing. Contacted pp helpline and they say my app under examination. Also tried the online status check .the email responded in a few hours with same status. Kind of feeling helpless as I am planning to go on holiday in December and need a visa application as well.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:01 pm

mkh05r wrote:I am in the same situation. Ceremony held on 1nov, since then nothing. Contacted pp helpline and they say my app under examination. Also tried the online status check .the email responded in a few hours with same status. Kind of feeling helpless as I am planning to go on holiday in December and need a visa application as well.
Please post if there are any updates on this ???

I have the same question. My ceremony is planned for 06th Dec. I assume PO is not sending any alerts like emails or texts these days. Should be able to recieve the passport by 15th of Dec ? Does it require to contact HMPO ?

mkh05r

Post by mkh05r » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:56 pm

pentaya wrote:
mkh05r wrote:I am in the same situation. Ceremony held on 1nov, since then nothing. Contacted pp helpline and they say my app under examination. Also tried the online status check .the email responded in a few hours with same status. Kind of feeling helpless as I am planning to go on holiday in December and need a visa application as well.
Please post if there are any updates on this ???

I have the same question. My ceremony is planned for 06th Dec. I assume PO is not sending any alerts like emails or texts these days. Should be able to recieve the passport by 15th of Dec ? Does it require to contact HMPO ?
It's a hit and miss when you get your passport. seems like their examiners dont have any specific FIFO approach. Possibly the JCAP passport apps are somewhere lying around in a file or the specific examiner team is heavily loaded. PP helpline could not help on this but asked me to give a few days.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:06 pm

mkh05r wrote:It's a hit and miss when you get your passport. seems like their examiners dont have any specific FIFO approach. Possibly the JCAP passport apps are somewhere lying around in a file or the specific examiner team is heavily loaded. PP helpline could not help on this but asked me to give a few days.
It depends also on how long the council take to send the notification to HO that ceremony has been attended and how long that information takes to reach HMPO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jambe

Post by Jambe » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:38 pm

Hello everyone..!
Thanks for reply.. just to inform you that I have gt text from HMPO on Monday and received passport yesterday.!

Thanks

mkh05r

Post by mkh05r » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:34 pm

Jambe wrote:
Hello everyone..!
Thanks for reply.. just to inform you that I have gt text from HMPO on Monday and received passport yesterday.!

Thanks
I also got a text today frm HMPO that I will be getting my passport in a few days.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:52 pm

mkh05r wrote:
Jambe wrote:
Hello everyone..!

Thanks
I also got a text today frm HMPO that I will be getting my passport in a few days.
You can also call DX Secure and ask them if there are any deliveries by giving your last name & post code.