ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JCAP do not send payslip or p60...is it ok?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anjuman
Newly Registered

JCAP do not send payslip or p60...is it ok?

Post by anjuman » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:41 pm

Hi

I have posted following query again as could not get any response after posting under the thread (Naturalisation and Passport Pilot Scheme) as advised by the senior member:

--------------
I would like to share my JCAP application experience at the local council and would like to take your feedback or similar experience information:

I have made application JCAP based upon
- Tier 1 (5 years)
- ILR (couple of years)

Though I was prepared with all documents required (based upon info collected from this forum and AN booklet and guide)

Only following documents were accepted and sent with my JCAP application

- Passports (covering all of UK visas)
- BRP
- LIUK certificate
- UK Degree certificate
- Photographs

The JCAP lady Refused to send following with application:
- P60, P45 or tax papers (I have had couple of years as self employed + jobs in rest)
- Utility bills

Refused by stating that
- They are trained by UKBA
- No need to clutter application by sending lot of documents and her aim was to make application short and simple

I would like to ask has anyone had similar experience from local council for JCAP application?

Is it ok if JCAP do not send payslips or p60?

Kind regards
Many thanks
anjuman

alterhase58
Germany

Re: JCAP do not send payslip or p60...is it ok?

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:48 pm

I don't have experience of your situation except that I didn't bring P60s in the first place, I just presented a letter from my employer confirming I have been in employment with them from/to date. It was easy as I just had (and still have) the one employer covering the period. You will also have entered your PAYE reference so UKVI can easily find all your records. I'd like to say don't worry as I didn't have any comeback, but every case is somewhat different to the next one.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

anjuman
Newly Registered

Post by anjuman » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:59 pm

Hi alterhase58

Many thanks for sharing your experience.
I am just worried coz of time delay in application if they may require further documents to be sent.

Wishfully other members may share their experiences.
fingers crossed
best wishes to you for outcome.

Many thanks
kind regards

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:27 pm

My local NCS refused to take my payslips but they took my P60's which covered only 4 years of employment . They said this was not a requirement and home office could check anything but it would take longer.
Not sure about self employed people but if I am not mistaken for self-employed individuals it is actually a requirement to send proof of taxes, someone correct me if I am wrong, please.

silverTR
Norway

Post by silverTR » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:13 pm

I brought my employer letters to JCAP. They didnt take it. He told me it is not required to send them.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:33 pm

anjuman wrote:Hi

I have posted following query again as could not get any response after posting under the thread (Naturalisation and Passport Pilot Scheme) as advised by the senior member:

--------------
I would like to share my JCAP application experience at the local council and would like to take your feedback or similar experience information:

I have made application JCAP based upon
- Tier 1 (5 years)
- ILR (couple of years)

Though I was prepared with all documents required (based upon info collected from this forum and AN booklet and guide)

Only following documents were accepted and sent with my JCAP application

- Passports (covering all of UK visas)
- BRP
- LIUK certificate
- UK Degree certificate
- Photographs

The JCAP lady Refused to send following with application:
- P60, P45 or tax papers (I have had couple of years as self employed + jobs in rest)
- Utility bills

Refused by stating that
- They are trained by UKBA
- No need to clutter application by sending lot of documents and her aim was to make application short and simple

I would like to ask has anyone had similar experience from local council for JCAP application?

Is it ok if JCAP do not send payslips or p60?

Kind regards
Many thanks
anjuman
Regarding employment - AN Guide Section Page 8
Among the duties and obligations which you are expected to fulfil is payment of
income tax and National Insurance contributions. We may ask H.M. Revenue &
Customs for confirmation that your tax and National Insurance affairs are in order.
When you sign the application form you will be giving your consent for us to
approach them.
1.48- 1.50 You must provide details of all your National Insurance contributions made
for your current and previous employment during the past 10 years. To support this
claim evidence can be in the form of payslips, P60s covering the relevant period, or a
letter(s) from the employer(s) confirming you have worked for them, from the start
and finish date.
If you do not pay income tax through PAYE you must demonstrate that you have
discharged your obligations towards the H.M. Revenue & Customs, by attaching a
Self Assessment Statement of Account.
If you do not pay income tax through PAYE you must demonstrate that you have
discharged your obligations towards the H.M. Revenue & Customs, by attaching a
Self Assessment Statement of Account.

AND Page 16

SELF-EMPLOYED APPLICANTS
If you do not pay tax through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) arrangements, we require:
• The most recent HM Revenue & Customs Self Assessment Statement of Account

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e_2016.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

anjuman
Newly Registered

Post by anjuman » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:51 pm

Hi @Angie77, @silverTR, @Casa

many thanks for quick responses and sharing experiences.

@Angie77
They at least have accepted and sent your P60s. As in my case no p60s, payslips or letters from employer accepted or sent. Best wishes for results.

@silverTR
One further question: have your payslips or p60s been sent with your application?

@Casa
I had prepared the whole file including payslips, p60s and tax returns (covering self employed period) before going for the appointment (thanks to invaluable information derived from this forum and guideline extracts as you have sent). But the lady at JCAP did not accept any of those things. I had mentioned about guideline and shown her extracts from it but I was told that they are trained by UKBA not to send these documents! I am aware of the fact that applicant is reponsible for convincing caseworker about fulfilling all requirements.

I do not know why they are not accepting the documents as per UKBA guideline or are they following some special instructions provided by UKBA?

thanking you,
kind regards

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:54 pm

UKBA abolished back in 2013.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:30 pm

noajthan wrote:UKBA abolished back in 2013.
The concern may be that her 'training' is at least 3 years out of date. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

anjuman
Newly Registered

Post by anjuman » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi @Casa and @noajthan

I am so sorry for using UKBA
Please accept my apologies for this mistake.

I meant to say UK Home Office which deals with UK Visas and Immigration stuffs.

thanking you,
kind regards

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:57 pm

anjuman wrote:Hi @Casa and @noajthan

I am so sorry for using UKBA
Please accept my apologies for this mistake.

I meant to say UK Home Office which deals with UK Visas and Immigration stuffs.

thanking you,
kind regards
No problem. It's a relief to know that the NCS clerk wasn't responsible for mentioning the UKBA. :|
(Casa, not CR001)

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:09 pm

I just find it quite hilarious how the moderators (esp. Noajithan) are so hung up on terminology for UKBA/UKVI/HO as most people don't follow these "skin deep" changes in names of essentially the same, still unfit for purpose public department. You know if people mention UKBA they mean UKVI under the HO!

Go through most UK airports today and you still see the obsolete "Border Force" branding on desks and signage so it's not a big deal that requires constant correction as long as people apply via right forms :P :wink:

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:14 pm

cyborg001 wrote:I just find it quite hilarious how the moderators (esp. Noajithan) are so hung up on terminology for UKBA/UKVI/HO as most people don't follow these "skin deep" changes in names of essentially the same, still unfit for purpose public department. You know if people mention UKBA they mean UKVI under the HO!

Go through most UK airports today and you still see the obsolete "Border Force" branding on desks and signage so it's not a big deal that requires constant correction as long as people apply via right forms :P :wink:
It's not a question of being hung up over a Government department which no longer exists. It's a word of caution for all those members who may be accessing out-of-date guidance which was issued by the UKBA. Times they are a'changing (Bob Dylan)...and never more so than within the world of Immigration :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:20 pm

cyborg001 wrote:I just find it quite hilarious how the moderators (esp. Noajithan) are so hung up on terminology for UKBA/UKBI/HO as most people don't follow these "skin deep" changes in names of essentially the same, still unfit for purpose public department. You know if people mention UKBA they mean UKVI under the HO!

Think of it as a learning opportunity. And I'm looking at you cyborg001 - perhaps you did not get the memo...
The Border Force was part of the now defunct UK Border Agency from its establishment in 2008 until Home Secretary Theresa May demerged it in March 2012 after severe criticism of the senior management.
Since 1 March 2012, Border Force has been a law-enforcement command within the Home Office, accountable directly to ministers
UKBF is functional and watching over your security even now. Hence the logos.

if people and (perish the thought) paid representaives and/or UK officials are really still referring to UKBA websites, training material and documentation they are doing themselves no favours whatsoever.

The devil is in the detail.
If someone is not even aware who they are dealing with, is frantically winging it, eyes screwed tightly shut and hoping for the best, when actually dealing with UKVI and HO and UKBF then they are setting themselves up for a fall.

Or in the words of the immortal Sun Tzu ...
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:23 pm

Casa wrote:
cyborg001 wrote:I just find it quite hilarious how the moderators (esp. Noajithan) are so hung up on terminology for UKBA/UKVI/HO as most people don't follow these "skin deep" changes in names of essentially the same, still unfit for purpose public department. You know if people mention UKBA they mean UKVI under the HO!

It's not a question of being hung up over a Government department which no longer exists. It's a word of caution for all those members who may be accessing out-of-date guidance which was issued by the UKBA. Times they are a'changing (Bob Dylan)...and never more so than within the world of Immigration :idea:
Well maybe it's just me who expects people with a couple of brain cells to look at the version history of any guidance to see latest plus gov.uk site always provides the latest version first with full version history.

"Let natural selection sort out the stupid." :wink:

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:58 pm

Everyone you ever meet will know something you don't (Bill Nye) #humility :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)