ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN form and part-time employment history while studying

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ahmedali29

AN form and part-time employment history while studying

Post by Ahmedali29 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:36 pm

Dear all,
I hope this message finds you all well.
I hope I can get some clarification and advice regarding my future case please. I know it is still quite early but I would like to know in advance whether I am okay or I need to do something about it from now.
I have gained my ILR last August based on 10-year qualifying period and I would like to apply for naturalization within the next 6 months or so. However, while I was going through the AN form, I saw the employment history is required as a part of the application form. My case is explained briefly below:
I was always under a full-time student visa (tier 4) from 2006 to 2016 when I gained ILR. I worked a part time with G4s Company over one summer time in 2009/2010 and I got few payslips but never had P45 or P60.
I have then moved to new university and did my MSc and PhD and never been in touch with that company as I was doing just casual shifts.
I completed my PhD in November 2016 and worked again few casual shifts as a part time with Angard staffing company for two months i.e. October and November 2016. However, I did not have any payslips from this company nor P45 or P60 till now.
Currently, I have been offered a full-time job as a lecturer starting soon. My questions are:
1- Do I need include this part time employment history as part of application form when I apply even If I was a full-time student?
2- And if so, am I required to provide P45 and P60 with the application for these casual shifts as I do not have them, or I just mention that I have worked part time. If I have to provide them, how can I get them?
3- Is there anything I need to do with HMRC?
I am asking about this because people on here keep talking a lot about P45 and P60, and I am lost if these apply to me too. Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your inputs.

noajthan

Re: AN form and part-time employment history while studying

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:24 pm

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) It will all be crosschecked and verified with HMRC (& other agencies) as part of good character checks and immigration compliance checks.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Ahmedali29

Post by Ahmedali29 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:33 pm

noajthan wrote:1) Yes

2) Yes

3) It will all be crosschecked and verified with HMRC (& other agencies) as part of good character checks and immigration compliance checks.
Thank you noajthan for your response. And how can I get P45 and P60 as I have not got them with me (This part-time work was in 2009) ? will payslips be sufficient?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:50 pm

Ahmedali29 wrote:Thank you noajthan for your response. And how can I get P45 and P60 as I have not got them with me (This part-time work was in 2009) ? will payslips be sufficient?
Clearly anyone on an immigration journey who doesn't keep such vital documents puts themselves at a disadvantage.
Maybe employer can provide copies.
Otherwise payslips will have to do.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Linaco
Newly Registered

Post by Linaco » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:13 am

noajthan wrote: Maybe employer can provide copies.
Can I please just clarify the reason P45/P60 is necessary.

In section 3 the documents required are: passport or Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments indicating presence in UK. So if I provide the passport that should be enough, right? Or is there another section where these are compulsory?

I am asking because I am missing one P60 and one P45 from the same company. At the time I did not even know what P60 was, and a few months later the company went into administration, so I did not get my P45 either. Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:26 am

Linaco wrote:
noajthan wrote: Maybe employer can provide copies.
Can I please just clarify the reason P45/P60 is necessary.

In section 3 the documents required are: passport or Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments indicating presence in UK. So if I provide the passport that should be enough, right? Or is there another section where these are compulsory?

I am asking because I am missing one P60 and one P45 from the same company. At the time I did not even know what P60 was, and a few months later the company went into administration, so I did not get my P45 either. Thank you
The user is this post is on ILR through the UK immigration rule route. The requirements are slightly different to what you would need as an EU citizen.

Please ask your questions in your own topic rather than tag onto another members'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Linaco
Newly Registered

Post by Linaco » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:08 am

Apologies. I came across this topic and wanted to clarify my understanding.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:13 am

Linaco wrote:Apologies. I came across this topic and wanted to clarify my understanding.
A non-EU citizen only has to prove residence with their passport as their passports are stamped when entering the UK. For EU citizens, there are other options to prove residence that must be submitted.

Best to continue in your topic if you have one or start your own to avoid confusion.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ahmedali29

Post by Ahmedali29 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:46 am

CR001 wrote:
Linaco wrote:Apologies. I came across this topic and wanted to clarify my understanding.
A non-EU citizen only has to prove residence with their passport as their passports are stamped when entering the UK. For EU citizens, there are other options to prove residence that must be submitted.

Best to continue in your topic if you have one or start your own to avoid confusion.
Thank you all for your input. I have been able only to get p45 from my recent two employers but only got payslips from my first employer. Would that be okay, please?

Ahmedali29

Post by Ahmedali29 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:03 pm

Thank you all for your input. I have been able only to get p45 from my recent two employers but only got payslips from my first employer. Would that be okay, please?

Any answer guys please?

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Tue May 02, 2017 5:27 pm

I submitted my application without any P60s or P45s as a non EU applicant. I think non-EU passport would be sufficient. I was working for the past 10 years as well (floating between part time and full time) but my NCS agent never asked me for any of those HMRC documents.

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Tue May 02, 2017 5:59 pm

Zhonor wrote:I submitted my application without any P60s or P45s as a non EU applicant. I think non-EU passport would be sufficient. I was working for the past 10 years as well (floating between part time and full time) but my NCS agent never asked me for any of those HMRC documents.
This was my experience as well. I went also through the NCS and they never asked for any documents relating to my past employment.

I've mentioned in another thread that I think these employment documents are more important for EEA nationals than they are for those of us who aren't. EEA nationals have to prove that they have been physically present in the UK during their qualifying period while the rest of us have stamps in our passports that prove this. Given that the OP was on student visas covering a 10 year ILR qualifying period, I think it's probably safe to assume that s/he is not an EEA citizen and that the Home Office will be able to establish her/his physical presence in the UK through passport stamps. I also doubt that they will have any problems checking the OP's national insurance contributions with HMRC, so long as the OP provides her/his national insurance number, and the details of employment that are asked for on the form.

OP, if you're really concerned, HMRC can issue you a letter confirming your employment history and national insurance contributions. I strongly suspect that behind the scenes, the Home Office request a similar document when they're verifying the information in an application. I doubt that it's necessary for you to have this document, but if you'd feel better having it, then it's there.

Ahmedali29

Post by Ahmedali29 » Thu May 04, 2017 7:08 pm

Zhonor wrote:I submitted my application without any P60s or P45s as a non EU applicant. I think non-EU passport would be sufficient. I was working for the past 10 years as well (floating between part time and full time) but my NCS agent never asked me for any of those HMRC documents.
Thanks Zhonor for your reply. What documents you have exactly submitted and has your application been approved yet? If not when have u submitted it?

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Thu May 04, 2017 7:14 pm

Ahmedali29 wrote:
Thanks Zhonor for your reply. What documents you have exactly submitted and has your application been approved yet? If not when have u submitted it?
I applied approx end of Feb 2017 and submitted the following:-
1) Passport
2) BRP
3) LIUK
4) Degree cert
5) Driving License as I used that as my identity for LIUK
6) SAR to show when I obtained my PR under the EU route

My application is still pending, have not received any approval yet so am waiting patiently :)

Ahmedali29

Post by Ahmedali29 » Thu May 04, 2017 8:11 pm

Tea_Rocket wrote:
This was my experience as well. I went also through the NCS and they never asked for any documents relating to my past employment.

I've mentioned in another thread that I think these employment documents are more important for EEA nationals than they are for those of us who aren't. EEA nationals have to prove that they have been physically present in the UK during their qualifying period while the rest of us have stamps in our passports that prove this. Given that the OP was on student visas covering a 10 year ILR qualifying period, I think it's probably safe to assume that s/he is not an EEA citizen and that the Home Office will be able to establish her/his physical presence in the UK through passport stamps. I also doubt that they will have any problems checking the OP's national insurance contributions with HMRC, so long as the OP provides her/his national insurance number, and the details of employment that are asked for on the form.

OP, if you're really concerned, HMRC can issue you a letter confirming your employment history and national insurance contributions. I strongly suspect that behind the scenes, the Home Office request a similar document when they're verifying the information in an application. I doubt that it's necessary for you to have this document, but if you'd feel better having it, then it's there.
Thanks Tea-Rcekt for your full explanation. I much appreciate it. So do you think I just take with me the only documents that I have (e.g. P45 from last two employers and payslips that I have from the first employer), would that be okay? or I just ignore these documengts and write employment history?

Ahmedali29

Post by Ahmedali29 » Thu May 04, 2017 8:18 pm

Thanks Zhonor for your reply. I mush appreciate it. I wish u all the best with your application. Please keep me updated.
As I am no-EU, I will apply ( In few months time) by supplying the following documents:
1) Passport
2) BRP
3) LIUK
4) 3 Degrees cert (undergraduate, MSC, PhD)
5) NA Form
6) One Photograph of myself.

Am I missing anything else plz?

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Thu May 04, 2017 10:40 pm

Ahmedali29 wrote:Thanks Tea-Rcekt for your full explanation. I much appreciate it. So do you think I just take with me the only documents that I have (e.g. P45 from last two employers and payslips that I have from the first employer), would that be okay? or I just ignore these documengts and write employment history?
Are you applying through an NCS? If so, I would take any documents that might be relevant to your application with you, but if your experience is anything like mine, they won't look at them, much less send them along with your application. Somewhere in the giant folder of documents I brought with me to my appointment were P45s and payslips (as well as my birth certificate, my spouse's birth certificate, various degree certificates, and a whole host of other documents that were ultimately not sent along with my application), but the caseworker never asked for them.

If you're applying by post, then I think it's worth it to send as many supplementary documents as you can. The caseworkers at the Home Office can always set these aside if they're not needed, but if they have to contact you for more information, then that inevitably slows your application process down.

Ahmedali29

Post by Ahmedali29 » Fri May 05, 2017 5:47 am

Tea_Rocket wrote:
Ahmedali29 wrote:Thanks Tea-Rcekt for your full explanation. I much appreciate it. So do you think I just take with me the only documents that I have (e.g. P45 from last two employers and payslips that I have from the first employer), would that be okay? or I just ignore these documengts and write employment history?
Are you applying through an NCS? If so, I would take any documents that might be relevant to your application with you, but if your experience is anything like mine, they won't look at them, much less send them along with your application. Somewhere in the giant folder of documents I brought with me to my appointment were P45s and payslips (as well as my birth certificate, my spouse's birth certificate, various degree certificates, and a whole host of other documents that were ultimately not sent along with my application), but the caseworker never asked for them.

If you're applying by post, then I think it's worth it to send as many supplementary documents as you can. The caseworkers at the Home Office can always set these aside if they're not needed, but if they have to contact you for more information, then that inevitably slows your application process down.
Thank you Tea_Rocket for your reply and advice. I will apply using NCS, so I will go with your first point. Do you know how long does it take to get employment history from HMRC if I apply for it?

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Fri May 05, 2017 4:20 pm

Ahmedali29 wrote:Thank you Tea_Rocket for your reply and advice. I will apply using NCS, so I will go with your first point. Do you know how long does it take to get employment history from HMRC if I apply for it?
I'm afraid I don't know. However, if you aren't applying for naturalisation for a couple of months, then I imagine the employment history from HMRC will arrive in plenty of time if you request it straight away.

astonished

Post by astonished » Sat May 06, 2017 10:56 am

From memory, it took HMRC around 4-6 weeks to provide the employment history.

Ahmedali29

Post by Ahmedali29 » Sat May 06, 2017 2:05 pm

astonished wrote:From memory, it took HMRC around 4-6 weeks to provide the employment history.
Thank you Tea_Rocket and Astonished for your reply. By the way, do they give you the exact start and end dates of your jobs as a part of employment history or just the year?

thank you.

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Sat May 06, 2017 3:27 pm

Ahmedali29 wrote:
astonished wrote:From memory, it took HMRC around 4-6 weeks to provide the employment history.
Thank you Tea_Rocket and Astonished for your reply. By the way, do they give you the exact start and end dates of your jobs as a part of employment history or just the year?

thank you.
Exact start/end dates.

Ahmedali29

Post by Ahmedali29 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:19 pm

salmintin wrote:
Ahmedali29 wrote:

thank you.
Exact start/end dates.
Hello,

I have received my employment history today for the last two years from HMRC, and one of the records shows that the start date for one of the jobs I did is 06/06/2015 and end date 06/06/2015, but in fact I worked from 11/05/2015 to 20/05/2015 earning amount of £213, as exam invigilator. So there is a difference between the start and the end date of my actual working time and what the university gave to HMRC.

So I am confused now because the university seemed to put the payment date as the start and end date.

Thus, I need advice please regarding the my employment history section in the NA form, shall I put the start and end 06/06/2015 as shown in HMRC record or the week and half I worked for i.e. 11/05/2015 to 20/05/2015 ?

Many thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Ahmedali29

Post by Ahmedali29 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:14 am

noajthan wrote:
Ahmedali29 wrote:Thank you noajthan for your response. And how can I get P45 and P60 as I have not got them with me (This part-time work was in 2009) ? will payslips be sufficient?
Clearly anyone on an immigration journey who doesn't keep such vital documents puts themselves at a disadvantage.
Maybe employer can provide copies.
Hello noajthan,

I have received my employment history for the last two years from HMRC, and one of the records shows that the start date for one of the jobs I did is 06/06/2015 and end date 06/06/2015, but in fact I worked from 11/05/2015 to 20/05/2015 earning amount of £213, as exam invigilator. So there is a difference between the start and the end date of my actual working time and what the HMRC have.

So I am confused now because the university seemed to put the payment date as the start and end date.

I need advice please regarding the my employment history section in the NA form, shall I put the start and end 06/06/2015 as shown in HMRC record or the week and half I worked for i.e. 11/05/2015 to 20/05/2015 ?

any input/advice will be highly appreciate it.
thank you
Ahmed