ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Couple of Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ARMY1
Newly Registered

Naturalisation - Couple of Questions

Post by ARMY1 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:21 pm

Hi I am applying for Naturalisation after one year of my ILR, and got my ILR on ten years long residency bases.My question is that can i submit selt english test passed certificate Aug 2015 and same date Life in UK test certificate or is any expiry date of both of them.
2-I had registered my Life in UK with my previous biometric card which HO took at the time of ILR approval.So what should I submit insted?
3- How many passport or how many years passport should I submit Past five years are sufficiant ?
And last how much fee and name of the form please because I am applying my self.
Really thanfull to this valuable forum.
Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation - Couple of Questions

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:30 pm

Explain in the 'Additional information' section that you no longer have the BRP card used for LIUK.

You can also apply through NCS at the council for the JCAP scheme (joint citizenship and passport). You get to keep all your original documents if you use NCS. They charge a small fee for the service.

Current fee is £1236. Form AN, suggest read the form, guidance notes and booklet and the FAQs link below and then ask for clarity on anything you are not sure of. You can continue in THIS topic please.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ARMY1
Newly Registered

Post by ARMY1 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:52 pm

Hi CR001 thaks for reply ,I am not clear about what you wrote about my biometric card which was used for LIUK test and which i don?t have now what should I submit insted please explain.
And also last five years passport are enough to provide with application.That will be 2 in number.
Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:37 pm

Explain why you don't have the card and you have to submit your current one anyway which should be ok.

Please read the link I have provided and the form/guidance notes for your second question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ARMY1
Newly Registered

Post by ARMY1 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:53 am

Good Morning CR001 Its great help thanks.Explanation for bimetric card is that it was 30 month discreationary leaves card.So when I recieved my ILR HO Keep it with them.
Yesterday somebody told me that I can also apply for registration of my 12 years son born abroad,have also ILR on ten years long residency,but his one year after ILR will complete on june 2017.My wife , his mom have also ILR waiting June 2017 for completion of her one year as well.
So do I wait for June 2017 or apply for my son on MN1 application with my application.You never know what changes comes in future and also I could save some fee on MN1 application.Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:17 pm

You can apply for your son with your application.

No planned changes to Nationality LAWS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ARMY1
Newly Registered

Post by ARMY1 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:49 pm

Hi As I am applying by myself without PCS ,So I should put a cheque of Pound 1236 total for form AN.What about ceramony fee of Pound 80 .1236 PLUS 80 OR only with form 1236 and than later they will ask for ceramomy fee.Please reply in detail.Do you have any idea of less charging Passport Checking Service because our one is charging 75 pound.
Regards

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:56 pm

The AN fee includes ceremony fee, no need to add it on.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:45 pm

ARMY1 wrote:Hi As I am applying by myself without PCS ,So I should put a cheque of Pound 1236 total for form AN.What about ceramony fee of Pound 80 .1236 PLUS 80 OR only with form 1236 and than later they will ask for ceramomy fee.Please reply in detail.Do you have any idea of less charging Passport Checking Service because our one is charging 75 pound.
Regards
Passport fee is what it is £72.50 I think. There is a small extra fee to use PO check and send. You cannot apply for the passport yet if you are applying for citizenship on your own by post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)