ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for naturalisation soon.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Linaco
Newly Registered

Applying for naturalisation soon.

Post by Linaco » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:35 am

noajthan wrote:
Translate any documents not in English or Welsh. Submit official translation plus original.
Hi Noajthan,
Could you please clarify what you mean by official translation?
I am a Romanian citizen and my marriage certificate is in Romanian language. The Romanian embassy has a list of authorized translators, who are vetted by Romanian Ministry of Justice. Would that translation be acceptable?

Can I please also clarify another thing?
I am currently waiting to get my Permanent Residence Card. Once I get it I would need to wait for 12 months from it's issue date to apply for British citizenship.
My husband has been granted British citizenship in April 2016 (we got married in May 2015). So I thought to speed up the process of getting the British citizenship, to apply for it as soon as I get the DCPR as his wife. Would that be acceptable? Thank you

noajthan

Re: Applying for naturalisation soon.

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:43 am

Linaco wrote:Hi Noajthan,
Could you please clarify what you mean by official translation?
I am a Romanian citizen and my marriage certificate is in Romanian language. The Romanian embassy has a list of authorized translators, who are vetted by Romanian Ministry of Justice. Would that translation be acceptable?

Can I please also clarify another thing?
I am currently waiting to get my Permanent Residence Card. Once I get it I would need to wait for 12 months from it's issue date to apply for British citizenship.
My husband has been granted British citizenship in April 2016 (we got married in May 2015). So I thought to speed up the process of getting the British citizenship, to apply for it as soon as I get the DCPR as his wife. Would that be acceptable? Thank you
Yes, translation via embassy should be acceptable.

If applying under section 6(2) of BNA (with British spouse) no need to wait 12 months before applying.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Linaco
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for naturalisation soon.

Post by Linaco » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:35 am

Thank you for your confirmation.