ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Naturalisation? 7months PRC, 11yrs under EEA rules

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bibti
Newly Registered

British Naturalisation? 7months PRC, 11yrs under EEA rules

Post by bibti » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:52 pm

Hi,

I want to apply for British naturalisation (form AN), have only had my Permanent residency card for 7months. My 5years residency ended in Dec 2010 and I should have automatically had permanent residency from Dec 2010.

I tried to apply for the document that shows my permanent residency status in Oct 2010 but I had issues for filling wrong form and that pretty much messed my case up. And it was hard to show how i got my permanent residency because my dad and stepmom separated and she was my connection to the EU which was confusing then because my dad's name was writting in my passport as my EEA family member(because he had permanent residency at the time i recieved my 5year residency).

Long story short, I have my permanent residency card issued 6years after i had automatically gotten permanent residency.

I want to apply for my British citizenship before march 2017 (before they increase the fee for the form) and I don't want my application rejected.

Please advice on what I should do.

In the form AN question 1.3, am not sure what date to put if i do apply.

noajthan

Re: British Naturalisation? 7months PRC, 11yrs under EEA rul

Post by noajthan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:21 pm

Q1.3 is for ILR.
You have PR so answer Q2.4+

You can request a SAR from UKVI to see what date is recorded for date of acquisition of PR.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.