ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 form for UK born child to EEA national

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alicja
Newly Registered

MN1 form for UK born child to EEA national

Post by Alicja » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:30 pm

Hi all,

I am an EEA national. My son was born in UK in 2007. I received my permanent residence card in 2011. Soon after I stopped working to be stay at home mum as I had another child. I returned to work at the beginning of 2016. My question is about filling in the table in MN1 form as I was going to apply for my son to registered as a British citizen.
Question 3.13: "If one of the parents is an EEA national and is claiming to have permanent residence since
30 April 2006, please tick one or more of the boxes below to show the way(s) in which you have
exercised Treaty rights for the past 5 years and give the relevant dates".
As I wasn't working for last 5 years (only one) are there any chances that he would be registered as a British citizen or would it be better for us to wait until December 2017 when he turns 10 and register him by filling in form T? The only thing that worries me are the gossips that there will be a substantial rise in price for registration. I will be grateful for any help.

noajthan

Re: MN1 form for UK born child to EEA national

Post by noajthan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:19 pm

You don't need to exercise treaty rights after you have become settled with PR.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Alicja
Newly Registered

Re: MN1 form for UK born child to EEA national

Post by Alicja » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:33 am

Thank you