ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN application form - Have some doubts

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kanswam

AN application form - Have some doubts

Post by kanswam » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:31 pm

Hi
I have the following questions around completing the AN application form -

First Arrived on Tier 1 visa - 22nd October 2010
ILR granted - 20th February 2016

My questions -
1. Section 1.22 - I have the LIUK certificate plus a MBA from Australia but don't have any letter from NARIC. I have a letter from the university stating that I was enrolled as full-time student and degree was taught in English - Is this sufficient? Also, I had previously submitted such evidence to get my Tier 1 in the first place so is the second part of the evidence (MBA certificate) really required?
2. Section 1.46 to 1.50 - For the most part, I have worked under my own limited company as director. What evidence should I attach? I had submitted the SA302 during my ILR application, would something like that suffice? Do I have to submit the NI declarations too?
3. Most importantly, I was away from the UK from 6th Feb 2012 to 28th Feb 2012. Would this mean, I can apply for my Naturalisation only after the 28th February? I have made an appointment with NCS on 24th February but after reading some posts on this forum, I understand the 5 year period counts from the date of application and not from the date of 1st entry. Is that correct reading?

Appreciate your response to my queries.

Thanks much

kanswam

Re: AN application form - Have some doubts

Post by kanswam » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:11 pm

Wow, not a single person provided any clarifications

Question 3 is moot now as I made the decision to defer my application to end March in order to fulfill the requirement of being physically present in the UK exactly 5 years back.

I would really appreciate response on the first 2 questions above... Appreciate your support

cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:18 pm

1. Are you Australian or did you only study there but a national of another country?

2. From the guidance notes :

1.48-1.50
You must provide details of all your National Insurance contributions made for your current and previous employment during the past 10 years. To support
this claim evidence can be in the form of payslips, P60s covering the relevant period, or a letter(s) from the employer(s) confirming you have worked for t
hem, from the start and finish date. If you do not pay income tax through PAYE you must demonstrate that you have discharged your obligations towards the H.M. Revenue & Customs, by attaching a Self Assessment Statement of Account
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kanswam

Post by kanswam » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:36 pm

Thank you CR001 for your kind response.

I am an Indian national that studied in Australia. I have a letter from the University that states, I was enrolled full time and degree was taught in English.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:40 pm

You can also tick the box that you met the requirement for ILR after 28th October 2013. You should submit your LIUK though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kanswam

Post by kanswam » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:56 pm

Ok, thank you CR001. Appreciate your assistance.

One last question, would the HO accept statement of NI printed from HMRC online or should it be on HMRC letterhead?

cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:57 pm

I don't actually know. I completed my journey long before this requirement came into force.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kanswam

Post by kanswam » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:08 pm

ok, cool. Thank you once again CR001