ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric for EEA nationals

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MttRss
Newly Registered

Biometric for EEA nationals

Post by MttRss » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:18 pm

Hello everyone,

I am opening this topic to clarify something that I found contradicting info about, on reputable websites.

The question
Do EEA nationals need to provide Biometric when applying for Naturalisation and if so, when exactly?

The confusion
This http://www.postoffice.co.uk/foreign-nat ... nce-permit from post office says you need one if you are a non-EEA

but this https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-c ... w-to-apply says "You must also provide your biometric information (fingerprints and a photo). This costs £19.20". It does not mention differences for EEA and non.

The .gov site also says "The Home Office will tell you when you need to provide your biometric information" However, both EEA PR and Naturalisation forms have a section that ask "were you issued a Biometric ID".

So... Does it mean it's fine to answer "no" on the AN form, section?

Should we (EEA) get it anyway before sending the application, to shorten the wait for the UK passport?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Biometric for EEA nationals

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:20 pm

ALL applicants for citizenship MUST enroll their biometrics.

HO will write to the applicant within a few weeks of submitting their application. The applicant goes to the Post Office with the letter to do their biometrics.

No required to do before you apply and will be pointless as the letter HO will send you has a barcode on specific to your application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MttRss
Newly Registered

1.49 and 2.1 on Naturalisation form

Post by MttRss » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:28 pm

Hello,

I am asking a question about sections 1.49 and 2.1 on the AN form, hopefully helpful for me and others with the same doubt:

1.49 Address of tax office or tax office reference. Does anybody know where I can find this information? Is it something one would normally ask their employer?

2.1 List of absences from the UK Does anybody know if it needs to be filled by hand, or can I attach a separate printed table? (this is explicitly allowed on EEA PR application forms, but the AN does not mention this as a possible way to provide this information)

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 1.49 and 2.1 on Naturalisation form

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:30 pm

MttRss wrote:Hello,

I am asking a question about sections 1.49 and 2.1 on the AN form, hopefully helpful for me and others with the same doubt:

1.49 Address of tax office or tax office reference. Does anybody know where I can find this information? Is it something one would normally ask their employer?

2.1 List of absences from the UK Does anybody know if it needs to be filled by hand, or can I attach a separate printed table? (this is explicitly allowed on EEA PR application forms, but the AN does not mention this as a possible way to provide this information)

Thanks
Information on P60 or your HR department.

Absences filled by hand. Not sure about a separate spreadsheet.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

81romeo
Newly Registered

Post by 81romeo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:50 pm

MttRss wrote:

Thanks
I can confirm you can attach a printed excel spreadsheet, at least this is what I did when I applied and I got my application approved. On the Form just write in the table a sentence like "Please refer to the enclosed spreadsheet for all details about my days out of the UK".

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:00 pm

81romeo wrote:
MttRss wrote:

Thanks
I can confirm you can attach a printed excel spreadsheet, at least this is what I did when I applied and I got my application approved. On the Form just write in the table a sentence like "Please refer to the enclosed spreadsheet for all details about my days out of the UK".
Thanks for clarifying :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MttRss
Newly Registered

Post by MttRss » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:29 am

CR001 wrote:ALL applicants for citizenship MUST enroll their biometrics.

HO will write to the applicant within a few weeks of submitting their application. The applicant goes to the Post Office with the letter to do their biometrics.

No required to do before you apply and will be pointless as the letter HO will send you has a barcode on specific to your application.

Thank you for your advice. It means post office has the wronf info on their site!

Just to clarify: I was thinking of doing the biometrics before because I have a 2 weeks holiday abroad booked in April and I want to avoid missing the window for submitting them, in case they write to me just before I leave.
You say I am not required to do it before. However, I'll rephrase my question: is it possible to do it before?

Thank you again for your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:39 am

I'll rephrase my question: is it possible to do it before?
NO! You won't have a letter with the barcode so will not be able to submit your biomtrics before submitting your application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

LaLeLu85
Newly Registered

Post by LaLeLu85 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:54 pm

MttRss wrote:
CR001 wrote:ALL applicants for citizenship MUST enroll their biometrics.

Thank you for your advice. It means post office has the wronf info on their site!

Thank you again for your help!
Nope - the post office is talking about applying for Biometric Residence Permits on this site - which you'd only apply for as a non-EU national.