ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JCAP application - Delay in passport after Oath ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sudheerk84
Newly Registered

JCAP application - Delay in passport after Oath ceremony

Post by sudheerk84 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:15 pm

Hi All

I have attended my Oath ceremony on 24th Jan , after completing naturaliation application in Bromley council. I was told that passport will arrive in 20 days.

Its been more than a month now. When i contact passport office , they tell me "As this is a joint application for British Citizenship and a Passport we are waiting on UK Visa and Immigration to approved British Citizenship before we can issue a passport."

I am stuck. I tried calling council and they say they have sent all information to passport office. I tried calling UKBA and they say they dont have anything pending to send to the passport office.

I am being tossed around few UKBA , Council Registar and Passport office, without any definitive answers. I get a feeling my apllication is stuck somewhere - but unsure whom to chase.

Has anyone else faced similar problems ?

silverTR
Norway

Re: JCAP application - Delay in passport after Oath ceremony

Post by silverTR » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:44 pm

I think I am having the same problem.
Do you have any resolution?

lms00001
Newly Registered

Re: JCAP application - Delay in passport after Oath ceremony

Post by lms00001 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:11 am

Same issue here - 3 weeks since the citizenship ceremony - but no passport in sight... HMPO only stating that the passport application is under examination - the status which I believe all the JCAP applications are classified under from the date of the citizenship application (not the ceremony). Just fmg, anyone with such delay was able to see their passport issue resolving automatically or they had to write quite a few emails to HMPO and UKVI (if so, which email address is responsive)