ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Receiving Passports at Redirected Address

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ashehzi

Receiving Passports at Redirected Address

Post by ashehzi » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:04 pm

Hi all,

Is it possible that passport can be delivered/collected at redirected address? Assuming I am out of town and want my passport to delivered at another address (instead of reschedule), is it allowed or possible? I guess redirection works with Royal Mail but does it with Couriers e.g. company which deliver UK passports?

Regard.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Receiving Passports at Redirected Address

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:32 pm

Passports are usually just popped through the letterbox.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

silverTR
Norway

Post by silverTR » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:43 pm

that is what I really want to know as well. If it is Royal mail, post redirection should work. If they are distributing with a carrier , this method would not work.

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:54 am

Hi

Passport is delivered via DX courier and redirection works only Royal Mail. So your passport will be delivered to your old address. If it was house than they will drop in to letter box but if it was a flat than they ask for signature.

Thanks

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:09 pm

KASHIF830 wrote:Hi

Passport is delivered via DX courier and redirection works only Royal Mail. So your passport will be delivered to your old address. If it was house than they will drop in to letter box but if it was a flat than they ask for signature.

Thanks
Thanks Kashif for detailed response. That is what I was looking for.

Regards.