ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Speeding via court ILR-Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hsyasin

Speeding via court ILR-Citizenship

Post by hsyasin » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:20 am

Hi all,
This question has been hanging on my mind since last few months and now that I've applied for Naturalisation, its hanging a lot lower now..
Now I got fined through court as I was doing around 55 in a 30 zone.. so got £550(paid same day) fine and six points.. and the letter said SP30. And that's mid 2015, then I applied for ILR march2016 mentioning this in criminal conviction, by just saying Speeding and SP30 with 6points, and got the ILR same day(PEO).
I've done the same with naturalisation, i.e, mentioned my speeding in criminal conviction.
So the question is, will this be alright?
I mean, is good character requirement more strict in naturalisation then when applying for ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Speeding via court ILR-Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:26 pm

hsyasin wrote:I mean, is good character requirement more strict in naturalisation then when applying for ILR?
Yes, citizenship good character is much stricter and more rigorously applied.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hsyasin

Post by hsyasin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:15 am

CR001 wrote:
hsyasin wrote:I mean, is good character requirement more strict in naturalisation then when applying for ILR?
Yes, citizenship good character is much stricter and more rigorously applied.
Oh crap... :(
Thanks for clearing that CR001

So now I'm completely in caseworker's hands/descresion.. I'm and have been a really good boy :roll:
Does more than 12months help in someway, as it happened mid2015?

Is there anyone else out there who has been through similar scenario and got naturalised?

usama77
Newly Registered

Post by usama77 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:12 pm

For naturalllization you need to wait 3 year after conviction etc and more strict scritniny

hsyasin

Post by hsyasin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:36 pm

Just occured to me, I switched jobs last year, and as part of my new job i was required to apply for DS(Disclosure Scotland) basic disclosure(Criminal conviction certificate).. Just had a look at the certificate and in convictions it says "The applicant has no convictions for disclosure".. :D

Does that mean I'm safe?