ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Case Number and wrong fees deducted

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ashishashah
India

No Case Number and wrong fees deducted

Post by ashishashah » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:10 pm

Hello,

Applied for my Wife's Naturalisation on 14th June via NCS Croydon..

1)Wrong fees decucted on 23/June(986 GBP instead of 1222GBP).I came to know from NCS when they gave me a receipt.I had highlighted the issue to council, but was told not to worry by NCS(And they charged 85 GBP as NCS fees)

2)Didn't receive any Email with case number..I received mine on the date the money went from Credit card

I called up UKVI, but they told me to send a letter!!!There is no way to Email/Fax them.

Worried that my wife application is on wrong track..How to approach this please?

Ashish

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Re: No Case Number and wrong fees deducted

Post by Tea_Rocket » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:16 pm

ashishashah wrote:1)Wrong fees decucted on 23/June(986 GBP instead of 1222GBP).I came to know from NCS when they gave me a receipt.I had highlighted the issue to council, but was told not to worry by NCS(And they charged 85 GBP as NCS fees)
I don't understand what you're describing. The current fee for form AN is £1282, not £1222. You presumably filled in the payment slip (page 4 of the linked document). Did you fill it out ahead of your appointment or during it? What amount did you put on the form? Did your NCS caseworker tell you to put something other than £1282 down? What amount did your NCS receipt show? What amount has been deducted from your account?

I see from your posting history that you were also considering applying for your child's naturalisation. Have you done that, and if so, are you sure that the most recent Home Office fee taken from your account is for your wife's application and not for your child's application (in which case, the fee deducted should be £973)? Applications sent in together often get processed at slightly different times, including the deduction of fees.
ashishashah wrote:2)Didn't receive any Email with case number..I received mine on the date the money went from Credit card
Some people do not receive an acknowledgement via e-mail and when they do, it does not necessarily occur on the same day that that fees are withdrawn from the account. Look at the timeline threads and you'll see that plenty of people receive their acknowledgement letters days after the debit of fees.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:31 am

Hello ,
The issue is that the council NCS case worker filled up the slip during the NCS appointmentmy wife didnt know the amount.The amount was filled as 973(child) instead of 1282(Adult).It was for my wife alone(Adult).
The NCS also gave me a receipt /of 972 GBP.I called up council to rectify it, but they told me that the application has already being sent..
Now the UKVI has deducted 972 GBP (as mentioned on payment slip) but it is wrong.So I am worried that they will treat my wife's application as child ??

Normally in all cases, atleast E mail is sent with case number(I had the same day when Credit card was charged)..However this has not happened in my wife's case..I am just worried that the wrong fees has messed up the case

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:36 pm

I think you'll have to wait and see. As long as your wife filled in form AN (not MN1), someone is bound to notice the fee discrepancy eventually. My guess is that they'll send you a request to fill out a new payment slip for the difference between the amount they have already collected and the amount they should have collected (£1282 - £972 = £310) and then your wife's application will progress from there. It may result in delays, but in this case, I doubt you'll lose the £972 without the chance to fix things.

I'm curious as to how the NCS caseworker could have screwed up the fee so badly—not that I expect you to have an answer for that. But they should have known that £972 was too low for an adult's naturalisation application. This makes me wonder if your wife had the wrong form with her. If she did send in the wrong form, then you may lose the fee, since the Home Office will consider her application as though it's a legitimate attempt at registering as a child under the age of 18, and reject it. But—again—having the wrong form is something I would have expected the NCS caseworker to catch.

Note that all of the above is a guess. The only advice I have is that you should wait and see what happens. I hope that you'll come back and tell us what happened with this application, as it might be useful for other people in the future.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:42 pm

Hello,

Wife filled up the right form AN.It was just that the NCS council worker made this mistake..I noticed it the next day( as I had the NCS ack form with me and it was wrong there as well)..
Anyways, I have lodged a complaint with council for charging me 85 GBP for their "great service"...
(NCS case worker also forgot to collect the English Language certificate from my wife and called her later to submit it.)
Anyways, its frustrating to know that you have to suffer bcoz of some one else's mistake

Ashish

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:44 pm

I can imagine how frustrated you must be and think you probably do have good grounds for complaint.

I think there's a chance the Home Office will give you a chance to fix the mistake with the fee rather than rejecting the application outright because of it. Please let us know how it turns out either way.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:14 pm

Update:

Received a letter from UKVI that we need to pay the difference of 309 GBP in next 14 days of the letter or the application will be rejected..
The letter was dated 23/June. so basically we have now 7 days to send the balance 309 GBP. Have sent the new payment slip today with the balance amount.
Thankfully we didn't go on holiday otherwise NCS service mistake could have costed us the application.