ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post office check and send

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bruceb

Post office check and send

Post by bruceb » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Hi experts
I used the post office check and send for my child's passport, she was born after I've got ILR, but the lady in counter just took the birth certificate, and mentioned that the passport office will have all the details about me, and returned my passport, marriage ceritificate etc. I'm worried now, will my child's application be delayed or rejected?
Your comments based on the experience is welcome? please advise

Thanks
Bruce

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Post office check and send

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:40 pm

You should have submitted evidence of your ILR status at the time of birth. It is mandatory to submit it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bruceb

Post by bruceb » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:08 pm

CR001 wrote:You should have submitted evidence of your ILR status at the time of birth. It is mandatory to submit it.
Thanks CR001, I can't remember actually if I submitted to the council at the time of birth registration. So I took all the originals with me, I know I should have submitted now? but the lady never took it. So, if so what can I do to send it or will they request it?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:12 pm

You don't state when you applied for the passport, but if you have a reference number already, suggest contact HMPO and speak to them.

They might write to you, they might not, so contact them first.

Note that registering the birth at the council has nothing to do with applying for a passport where you must submit evidence of your ILR to prove your child is automatically British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bruceb

Post by bruceb » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:49 pm

I applied only today. I have the reference number so I will call them thanks.