ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long delays for my kid British Passport application, Please advice

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

krishnam
Newly Registered

Long delays for my kid British Passport application, Please advice

Post by krishnam » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:55 am

Hi,
I am a British Citizen through naturalization and my wife has got ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain). We were living in the UK together for 8 years after marriage. My wife got pregnant last year and after 5th month she traveled to India to her parents place for the delivery of the baby. Baby boy born on 1st Jan 2017. We applied for British passport for my son in the month of February 2017 at VFS Hyderabad.

I have attended an interview in Birmingham, UK office and after that UK passport team said all are OK from UK side and the passport application being sent to New Delhi for overseas checks in the month of May 2017. Since May 2017 the application is in New Delhi. Whenever I call the passport office they are telling me that application still with overseas team and they can't do anything further on this until they finished their checks.

I am in UK, my wife and my kid got stuck in India due to my kid passport. It is taking lot of time for some reason, not sure why. No queries as well.

It is very tough time for us as our family got separated like this and we all are getting impacted.

Any suggestions which I can do to speed up the process?

Last week I got a referral to contact xxxxxx from my friend. Spoke to them and they suggested they can send a proper letter with all references to the UK Passport office questioning what is happening and why delays are happening. Fees is quite high but it is ok. Is it suggestible to go on this route?

Being away from family is not easy, I am missing my kid childhood - not able to think properly, really confused. I am about to say to them that we are ready even for DNA test.

Any suggestions please advice me?
1. Any other ways I can bring my kid to the UK while this application is progressing?
2. Shall I opt a solicitor/lawyer to question them?
3. Shall I cancel this British application process and apply normal ROA visa? Is ROA going to be easy process than British passport application?
4. As my kid is British by descent - can we apply any other family visa rather British passport?
5. May be standard visitor visa?

Please advice me.

Many Thanks

Moderator edit: Solicitor's website link removed under the Board Ts&Cs.

Casa

Re: Long delays for my kid British Passport application, Please advice

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:30 am

A CoE-RoA is generally much quicker than an application for a British passport from abroad, but your child would first need an Indian passport as the ROA/CoE is put is issued as a sticker/vignette in the passport.

I'll leave others to advise on whether this impacts with India not allowing dual citizenship.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:19 am

It would be strongly recommended to get a British consular birth certificate:
https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth

Ideally- this should have been done before you applied for the child's British passport. As for the long delay in processing- you may want to contact your Member of Parliament for assistance in dealing with the Passport Office.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.

krishnam
Newly Registered

Post by krishnam » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:14 pm

Casa wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:30 am
A ROA or CoE is generally much quicker than an application for a British passport from abroad, but your child would first need an Indian passport as the ROA/CoE is put is issued as a sticker/vignette in the passport.

I'll leave others to advise on whether this impacts with India not allowing dual citizenship.
@Casa - thanks for your reply. As my kid British Passport application is taking lot of time, shall I cancel existing applicaiton process and start the ROA application? Is there will be any complications if I do so with the British Passport Office / Visa Office?

Regards
Krishna

krishnam
Newly Registered

Post by krishnam » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:15 pm

JAJ wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:19 am
It would be strongly recommended to get a British consular birth certificate:
https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth

Ideally- this should have been done before you applied for the child's British passport. As for the long delay in processing- you may want to contact your Member of Parliament for assistance in dealing with the Passport Office.
@Jaj - Thanks for your response. Sure I think good idea to my MP. I will see the possiblities.

Regards
Krishna

krishnam
Newly Registered

Post by krishnam » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:19 am

As my kid British Passport application is taking lot of time, shall I cancel existing applicaiton process and start the ROA application? Is there will be any complications if I do so with the British Passport Office / Visa Office?

Please advise.

Regards
Krishna

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:04 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

krishnam
Newly Registered

Post by krishnam » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:36 pm

Hi Guys
At last my kid got the passport. Delay happened at my indian doctor who didn't checked her emails for 3 months, crazy. So lately she responded and the application moved.

I must say UK Passport team are amazing people.

SO be careful when you apply for british passport make sure all parties respond what they want.

All the best all.

garry1980d
Newly Registered
India

Post by garry1980d » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:32 am

Hi Krishnan,

Nice to know about arrival of your kid's passport, and the kid can travel happily with the family.

Can you please clarify a bit that the Doctor was your Counter Signatory (mandatory person to sign your baby's application/photograph with his credentials)?

Cheers/Gary

Dalvit18
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dalvit18 » Thu May 10, 2018 6:36 pm

So glad you all are together as a family now! We are in a similar situation and the authorities have not yet contacted the counter signatory, well that's what we think. The form only asks for postal address and telephone number,.did the authorities ask you for the email id? You also say the UK team are very useful, did they tell you counter signatory is not replying? They give us no updates!! TiA