ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

renounce UK citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jasonan0107
Newly Registered

renounce UK citizenship

Post by jasonan0107 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:56 pm

Hi there, Thank you in advance for reading my post. I have a very unusual situation which has caused lot of head scratching in the past 12 hours!

I apologise in advance for any similar question was discussed before

My son, is nearly 5 years old, was born in UK. He was registered as UK citizenship (by MN1) after we have the permanent residency permit in the UK when he was 1 year old. We didn't apply UK passport for him but applied ROA for his Chinese passport. He is now living and going to reception in the UK. For particular reason of business development, we may move back China in next few years, we want to keep his Chinese nationality.However China disallows dual-nationality, where get us to an odd position to extend his Chinese passport. It require to show the embassy my son has give up British Citizenship.

My question now is anyway we can revert the registration (I know it is impossible) or anyway can renounce the nationality in the UK for him?

Any suggestion would be very grateful.

Thanks

Jason

JAJ
Australia

Re: renounce UK citizenship

Post by JAJ » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:46 pm

It is not possible for a parent to renounce a child's British citizenship.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.

Obie
Ireland

Re: renounce UK citizenship

Post by Obie » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:01 am

That,statement is wrong. China does not disallow dual citizenship, it simply does not recognise it when the person is in PRC.

Unlike in the case of India which strictly prohibits Dual citizenship, China does not.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors