ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do you have to have a passport to do the UKF Form?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jessef
Newly Registered
Mood:

Form T - What evidence do I need?

Post by jessef » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:03 pm

Hi. I am new to this site. I'm 21 an currently in the process of gathering evidence for Form T. I was born in the UK and have lived here my entire life. My mother was born abroad but I have never had a passport.

I am struggling to understand what evidence will suffice in proving that I lived here from ages 0-10 years. I've moved around my entire life so I've been to about 5 different primary schools. I don't have any letters from them and barely remember some of the names as I was only there a short time. I assume accessing medical records won't be as difficult ajd I have written to my GP about this.

Basically what I want to know is will a school leaving certificate from my last primary school be enough? Other that the only thing I have is school pictures that show school logos. I have called one of the primary schools I attended and they have said they destroy records after 7 years.

I am really worried as I just want this sorted but really don't know what I need to do. Maybe people who have filled out this form and been successful can help me out?

Thank you in advance.

Deewani
Canada

Re: Form T - What evidence do I need?

Post by Deewani » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:42 pm

i applied for my childs T form myself...u just need to get letters from all nursery and schools the dste u started and left..thts all along with red book, imunisation record... and u can read the guidance for form T for detailed info...good luck

jessef
Newly Registered
Mood:

Do you have to have a passport to do the UKF Form?

Post by jessef » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:19 am

Hi, just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation to me and can help. I was born in the UK and my mother was born overseas. My father is British by descent and born in the UK. So I figured instead of going through Form T I can use the UKF form. What I'm wondering is whether I would have to submit a passport, the issue with that being that I don't have one and never have.

So has anyone here ever done this form but not submitted a passport and still been successful?

Thanks!

vinny

Re: Do you have to have a passport to do the UKF Form?o

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:48 am

Was/is your father married to your mother?
What was your mother's UK immigration status when you were born?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jessef
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Do you have to have a passport to do the UKF Form?

Post by jessef » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:24 am

Thanks for your reply. They were never married and aren't now. I am also unclear on my mum's immigration status as she herself doesn't know. She came over to the UK with her British mother when she was 6 months old.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:49 am

If your mother was British or had ILR or had the right of abode at the time of your birth, then you are automatically British too.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:05 am

Applicants under Form UKF (or Form T) do not need to have a passport. If there is a choice between the two routes then UKF is normally preferable since the fee is lower and a U.K. born person will normally be a British citizen otherwise than by descent.

What's the mother's nationality? If a Commonwealth country- other than Pakistan or South Africa- then she would generally have Right of Abode due to her U.K. born mother. In this case the original poster would be a British citizen automatically and could evidence this on form NS.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... us-form-ns
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.