ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documentation for MN1 application.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rpampana
Newly Registered
India

Documentation for MN1 application.

Post by rpampana » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:14 am

Hi,

I was granted ILR last week and my wife needs to apply for leave as PBS dependent before 24/12/2017.

We have a child, 6 months old and are planning to register as British citizen under section 1(3). Now as part of the MN1 application and documentation,
1. Is it enough to send only my passport or is it both mine & wife's passports?
2. Do we need to send our marriage certificate as well?

TIA,
Regards,
RP.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documentation for MN1 application.

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:35 am

1. Is it enough to send only my passport or is it both mine & wife's passports?
Only yours and your ILR BRP card.
2. Do we need to send our marriage certificate as well?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rpampana
Newly Registered
India

Post by rpampana » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:06 am

Thank you.

How do I pay the fee for MN1 application? I am going to do a postal application.

Regards,
Ramesh.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:08 am

If you apply through NCS at the council, you get to keep all your original documentation. They charge a small fee for this service and they check your application too. If you use NCS, you can also apply for MN1 and British passport at the same time.

Fee Leaflet (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rpampana
Newly Registered
India

Post by rpampana » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:14 pm

Applied today for the child, many thanks for all the pointers :)

oneplusone
Newly Registered

Post by oneplusone » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:02 pm

Hi rpampana

I am in the process to apply for my 1 year old child. Would you kindly share how did you manage to get the two references. I will really appreciate your timely help. And, how did you apply - by post or through NCS and did you apply MN1 Form and your child's passport simultaneously as one application. Please explain a bit so that others can get benefit from your experience.

Thanks

rpampana
Newly Registered
India

Post by rpampana » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:44 pm

Hi oneplusone,

"Would you kindly share how did you manage to get the two references"
Two references for the application were my kid's health visitor and the other is m neighborhood friend who is a British citizen.

" how did you apply"
Used NCS & JCAP facility, need to book an appointment for this and costs for a small fee.The council staff would check child's MN1 and passport application and send photocopies of your originals(documents) along with the applications.

"did you apply MN1 Form and your child's passport simultaneously as one application"
Actually these are two separate applications. MN1 application is available online. Passport application is available from any post office free of cost.

Regards,
RP.

oneplusone
Newly Registered

Post by oneplusone » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:16 pm

Thanks RP, I assume applying through NCS possibly have passport and child's registration done simultaneously - a tad quicker than applying individually.

In our case the Health Visitor has refused to sign as a Referee although we go to our local Children Center each month for baby's weighing and activity stuff and the Health Visitor has visited our house more than half a dozen time. You must be a very good Health Visitor.

Thank you again for your prompt reply - much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:23 pm

Thanks RP, I assume applying through NCS possibly have passport and child's registration done simultaneously - a tad quicker than applying individually.
Applying through NCS makes no difference in the speed or not of processing the application.

Can you also please desist from tagging your questions onto numerous other members topics, it is considered rude, unfair and creates confusion.

See point 12 (click).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

oneplusone
Newly Registered

Post by oneplusone » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:18 pm

Thanks CR001 for clearing about NCS vs direct post to HO and also for heads up for forum rules - wasn't aware of this.

You will appreciate my intentions and genuineness was clear and moreover I picked up recent posts who has applied/applying under same circumstances. By me doing so (unintentionally of course) three forum members replied including yourself, one senior member and RP whereas my original post has been viewed more than 55 times over the last two days but no one has answered it yet.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and certainly keep in mind for the future posts though it seems little awkward as why we (members) can't ask each other a question we genuinely need an answer unless, yes, agree with you, if someone spams every other post on the forum.