ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation by MN1 - Does the child have to be present to get the passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

umarf10
Newly Registered

Naturalisation by MN1 - Does the child have to be present to get the passport

Post by umarf10 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:06 am

Dear fellow members

I am applying for naturalisation and British passport of my son in late Dec 2017, child born in October 2017, father to get ILR in mid Dec 2017.
After applying for naturalisation, we want to travel to Pakistan, child to travel on Pakistani passport. He will not be able to return to the UK as he has no visa, however only the father to return to UK while mother and child wait for child's British passport.
My question is will I be able to keep the process ticking and at the end of it I can obtain the passport (say by post) for child and bring him back to UK.
I understand that there is a ceremony to attend in case of over 18s but what will happen in my son's case if his MN1 application is approved, can I get the passport for him while he is away?

Please advise.

Thanking you in anticipation.

JAJ
Australia

Re: Naturalisation by MN1 - Does the child have to be present to get the passport

Post by JAJ » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:00 am

If the child is born in the U.K- then child is not required to be present in the U.K. to become a British citizen. However, a first British passport application from Pakistan may take some time.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Naturalisation by MN1 - Does the child have to be present to get the passport

Post by makky86 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:16 am

umarf10 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:06 am
Dear fellow members

I am applying for naturalisation and British passport of my son in late Dec 2017, child born in October 2017, father to get ILR in mid Dec 2017.
After applying for naturalisation, we want to travel to Pakistan, child to travel on Pakistani passport. He will not be able to return to the UK as he has no visa, however only the father to return to UK while mother and child wait for child's British passport.
My question is will I be able to keep the process ticking and at the end of it I can obtain the passport (say by post) for child and bring him back to UK.
I understand that there is a ceremony to attend in case of over 18s but what will happen in my son's case if his MN1 application is approved, can I get the passport for him while he is away?

Please advise.

Thanking you in anticipation.
Yes, you can do that. The child does NOT have to be present for the passport as long as you have done the biometrics.
You should use NCS so you can get your ILR BRP back.

You can come back and post the passports back to the address in the Pakistan

*Subject to that passport application is sucessful
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:23 am

If you apply through NCS at the council, you can apply for MN1 and British passport at the same time.

Registration Certificate and passport will get sent to your UK home address.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:24 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:23 am
If you apply through NCS at the council, you can apply for MN1 and British passport at the same time.
Can the same be used for 1 week fast track service?
Last edited by makky86 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:25 am

makky86 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:24 am
CR001 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:23 am
Can the same be used for 1 week fast track service?
1 Week fast track is a separate passport application directly to HMPO after the certificate is received.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.