ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application type AN6(2) vs AN6(1)?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

eumumto2

Application type AN6(2) vs AN6(1)?

Post by eumumto2 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:42 pm

Hello,
recently my husband has applied to BC via NCS and he has ticked the box with the aplication type AN6(1).
We both are from EU, and I got my BC earlier this year.
Now he received the letter from Home Office about the biometric enrolment and it states that it is the application type AN6(2)!
Is that mistake?
The rules are not easy understandable. We are married since 2005, so my husband is married to British Citizen for few months(as I am a BC from May 2017), but in my understanding he had acquired his opportunity to become a BC not under the marriage but under the 7-years lasting full-time working. Actually it's me who is dependant on him financially.
Do we need to do anything with the type of application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Application type AN6(2) vs AN6(1)?

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:37 pm

There is no 'dependent' aspect to citizenship.

If you included your marriage cert and your passport with his application then he is likely being considered as spouse of BC under section 6(2).

You don't need to do anything as both 6(1) and 6(2) have the same end result, there is no difference in citizenship granted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

eumumto2

Post by eumumto2 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:51 pm

Thank you for the answer!
The only problem could be in this situation - if the applicant was in the UK 3 years ago instead of 5 years ago. I already checked - my husband was in the UK, so hopefully all is ok.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:13 pm

As I understand it, the same naturalisation application gets considered under both 6(1) and 6(2).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.

eumumto2

Post by eumumto2 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:24 am

thank you!