ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship - English language requireme

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bruceb

Citizenship - English language requireme

Post by bruceb » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:08 am

Hi experts
hope you can help me, and anyone with latest experience could perhaps add as well?
I'm in the UK for last 9years and I have obtained my Masters degree here in the UK, I'm now applying for naturalisation for myself and wife. My wife had obtained Naric ELA which only states that her degree is equivalent to CEFR C1 which was submitted for settlement, but in the form AN they ask for the following
I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised
standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:

i. UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or

ii. the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country
(other than Canada);
My question is ELA is does not support either but just the level of English.

I've read the FAQs but it's not clear if it would suffice if I could just submit University degree certificates, letter from Uni about the English medium and NARIC ELA. Now all of this was submitted for her ILR application. Any help or clarifications is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bruce

bruceb

Re: Citizenship - English language requireme

Post by bruceb » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:38 pm

anyone to help please?