ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Referee Sign

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

radhamvp
Newly Registered

MN1 Referee Sign

Post by radhamvp » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:45 pm

Hi,

Child born in UK before father settlement and now father is having settlement Visa.

We planned to apply citizenship for baby (1.5 year old) using MN1 application. while filling the form i have seen referee need for baby (1 professional and 1 citizen).

i could not able to find professional for child. GP and Health visitor is saying it is not our policy to sign.

can you please help me anyone how to get sign for child?

is it Ok if we get sign both referee from UK citizen with out profession or is it mandatory for child.

Thanks in advance.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: MN1 Referee Sign

Post by bruteforce » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:21 pm

First thing, what is settlement visa? Do you mean ILR or are you British? If you are British or the father has either ILR or PR then you can get ANYONE to sign in this case, like family friend or a colleague. The child is entitled to be registered so they cannot refuse the application. You can mention in additional info that you could not get a professional referees because your child is too young to have known anyone in professional capacity for long.

oneplusone
Newly Registered

Post by oneplusone » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:41 pm

Hi Bruteforce

Did you come across any post or member who has successfully applied MN1 with only one Referee and writing their child is too small (from newborn to lets say 3 years) and doesn't know any professional hence no professional Referee has obliged to sign the MN1 Referee form.

I am going through the same cycle for our baby who is 1 year old and both GP and Health Visitor has refused to sign as Referees (spoken with their Practice Managers but to no avail). I am looking for an answer from someone who has successfully applied with the same case as mine - see my post.

thanks

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:58 pm

If your child is born in the UK then he or she is entitled to be registered and HO cannot refuse the application. As advised above, you can get anyone to sign and explain this on the form.

oneplusone
Newly Registered

Post by oneplusone » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:23 pm

Thank you Bruteforce. finger crossed, if nothing comes up, I will apply with two references - both from British Citizens and explain in the attached additional sheet as why only one reference. Thanks again.