ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - New Online Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Happycar
Newly Registered

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by Happycar » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:49 pm

FYI. My NCS officer told me to hold off until 31/1/18 as the government are changing the online process to doing naturalisation and passport application as one online portal. She said NCS remit is being scaled back and won’t be able to do passport forms like the old way.
She said there will be no benefit using NCS as she said the guidance she read was that the new online process will return your documents to you whilst awaiting processing and if there is anything missing from the evidence or more detail needed in the application, then they will write to you where you have 14 days to submit what they ask.
I’ll be doing this tomorrow so will hopefully have a field report thereafter!

Totara94
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Totara94 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:39 am

Happycar wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:49 pm
FYI. My NCS officer told me to hold off until 31/1/18 as the government are changing the online process to doing naturalisation and passport application as one online portal. She said NCS remit is being scaled back and won’t be able to do passport forms like the old way.
She said there will be no benefit using NCS as she said the guidance she read was that the new online process will return your documents to you whilst awaiting processing and if there is anything missing from the evidence or more detail needed in the application, then they will write to you where you have 14 days to submit what they ask.
I’ll be doing this tomorrow so will hopefully have a field report thereafter!
Wow - this is great news! Please report back. I'm applying on 8th Feb and have started the online form to get everything ready. Would be amazing if I can do passport as well.

It would be really helpful to hear from more people about how long the whole process took. ShakeerahT took less than a month, which is amazing. What kind of timeframes is everyone else getting from application to approval with the online application? Please let us know on this forum,!

Happycar
Newly Registered

Post by Happycar » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:59 am

....well, I've must went online to do the AN and Passport that allegedly started today. Hmmm. Still seems to be the same old online link. I'll give them a phone and see whats what.

Happycar
Newly Registered

Post by Happycar » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:26 am

UPDATE on my 2 posts above.
My checking service has this all wrong. Just spoke to the Home Office. Process is Online application, then you either post documents to Home Office or YOU MUST have your NCS appointment within 10 days of your online application submission.

Sorry for the confusion.

Mods (feel free to delete my post 2 above if needs be)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:02 am

Happycar wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:26 am
My checking service has this all wrong. Just spoke to the Home Office. Process is Online application, then you either post documents to Home Office or YOU MUST have your NCS appointment within 10 days of your online application submission.

Sorry for the confusion.

Think it is still wrong (not surprising from the call centre). If applying online, you can't use NCS as far as I understand.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:02 am
Happycar wrote:

Sorry for the confusion.

Think it is still wrong (not surprising from the call centre). If applying online, you can't use NCS as far as I understand.
http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/20002/ ... ceremonies
The Nationality Document Return Service (NDRS) available from the 30 January 2018 allows those applying online, to become a British Citizen, the opportunity to retain their original supporting documents while their application is being processed. As a participating local authority we will photocopy and stamp your supporting documents and send them Royal Mail Special Delivery to UKVI. This is for AN and MN1 applications only.
Still not worth it IMHO

vinosubr
Newly Registered

Post by vinosubr » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:42 pm

can we use passport online application
https://www.gov.uk/browse/abroad/passports

spfc

Post by spfc » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
Happycar wrote:

Sorry for the confusion.

If you apply online you can either:

- send the original documents by post
or
- within 10 days of submitting the application attend an appointment with the council for the new service called NDRS (Nationality Document Return Service). This is similar to the old NCS, but with a new name and is specific to online applications.

MrA2Z
Pakistan

Post by MrA2Z » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:33 pm

vinosubr wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:42 pm
can we use passport online application
https://www.gov.uk/browse/abroad/passports
No, that is not for first passport but renew or updates etc.

niceman30092008
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by niceman30092008 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:59 pm

Hi there, Please
i would like to ask about the referee forms in case of applying online ,would i be able to fill them now as in hard copy and get them ready and save time , even if my ILR ( Indefinite leave to remain )going to be one year on 13 February 2018 .Or do i need to wait till i apply online and get the form which i will get it when i print off online application form .

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:53 pm

niceman30092008 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:59 pm
Hi there, Please
i would like to ask about the referee forms in case of applying online ,would i be able to fill them now as in hard copy and get them ready and save time , even if my ILR ( Indefinite leave to remain )going to be one year on 13 February 2018 .Or do i need to wait till i apply online and get the form which i will get it when i print off online application form .
You can start filling the application online now, will take some time to gather all the details.

The referee forms are available at the end BEFORE you have to submit and pay for the application.

Complete your application online now and collect all the documents asked at the end.
Get the referee forms filled and dated just near to the application submission date
Call council and take an appointment in advance (make sure your NCS appointment is just after you will have submitted the application online)
On the day you are eligible to apply for Naturalisation, submit application online, pay for it, then download biometric letter and next day or within 10 days (whenever you have booked your NCS appointment), take your original papers to NCS and complete biometrics too.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
Happycar wrote:

Sorry for the confusion.

System has changed now. We can still use NCS but in a different way. Need to complete application online, submit fees and print out Biometric letter. Take NCS appointment WITHIN 10 days of application submission and take original documents to NCS who will copy and forward.

This is saving a few things:

1. Hassle of putting together a 50 page AN form (paper form, saving print out costs)
2. Collecting AN/MN1 applicant's fee online (bank declining payment etc)
3. Less paper work to send by NCS to Home office
4. No worries about waiting for payment to be deducted and then waiting for biometric letter (apply online, pay and download biometric letter same time)
5.Passport form will have to be filled and taken to NCS

Happycar
Newly Registered

Post by Happycar » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:09 pm

niceman30092008 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:59 pm
Hi there, Please
Main issue you might have is the form may alter in its format on paper, so by the time you come to send your documents, they'll see you are using an outdated application format (hence the dates won't be accurate if you get them to sign and you date it later) and also that the referees need to sign and DATE it.

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:54 am

plabo wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:01 pm
CR001 wrote:
Happycar wrote:

Sorry for the confusion.

System has changed now. We can still use NCS but in a different way. Need to complete application online, submit fees and print out Biometric letter. Take NCS appointment WITHIN 10 days of application submission and take original documents to NCS who will copy and forward.

This is saving a few things:

1. Hassle of putting together a 50 page AN form (paper form, saving print out costs)
2. Collecting AN/MN1 applicant's fee online (bank declining payment etc)
3. Less paper work to send by NCS to Home office
4. No worries about waiting for payment to be deducted and then waiting for biometric letter (apply online, pay and download biometric letter same time)
5.Passport form will have to be filled and taken to NCS
Can someone please confirm the accuracy of the aforementioned NCS + Online application synergy?

magda1988g
Newly Registered

Post by magda1988g » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:14 pm

Hi,l could someone help me out with this please :

Proof of living in the UK for Miss ...
If you are an EEA National, you need to include letters from employers, educational establishments, or other Government Departments indicating your presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period.

What I exactly need to include, is the letter are necessary? I don't have any ....

Help. I want to apply finally but I still getting confused what are the right documents to send in other than passport,pr card, life in UK and English ,

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:02 am

magda1988g wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:14 pm
Hi,l could someone help me out with this please :

Proof of living in the UK for Miss ...
If you are an EEA National, you need to include letters from employers, educational establishments, or other Government Departments indicating your presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period.

What I exactly need to include, is the letter are necessary? I don't have any ....

Help. I want to apply finally but I still getting confused what are the right documents to send in other than passport,pr card, life in UK and English ,
[*]If you were employed, you may provide P60's, P45's, jobseeker's allowance (whichever applicable)
[*]If you were self employed, you may provide tax returns and the most recent statement of account (available to download at online.hmrc.gov.uk).
[*]If you were self sufficient, it gets challenging. I suppose 2 proofs (bank statement & utility bill) and proof of comprehensive sickness insurance should suffice.

Employment is not a requirement for citizenship. You may lack some, or have gaps. I think its best to try to replace those with statements or utility bills.

If you were not working during a long part of this period, but still had EEA(PR) qualifying status as "self sufficient" it may be worth asking the nationality helpline for additional guidance on proof of residency:

Tel.: 0300 123 2253
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm
Friday, 9am to 4:30pm

Kabitte
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by Kabitte » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:55 am

Eligibility criteria: indefinite leave to remain
Language Criteria: LIUK + Degree
Nationality - non EU
Method of application: online
Date of application: 31/12/17
Payment method: Debit card
Date of acknowledgement: 01/01/2018 via email
Date of debit of fees: 01/01/2018
Date of Biometric letter issued: 01/01/2018
Date of biometric letter received: 01/01/2018
Date Biometrics enrolled: 06/01/2018
Date on Approval letter: 30/01/2018
Date of receipt of approval: 01/02/2018
Date of receipt of ceremony letter:
Date of Ceremony:
Date of Passport Application:
Date of debit of fees:
Date Passport to be received:

exactly 1 month from application date to date of approval. this includes requesting of additional information which was proof of address. this added 4 days . otherwise the whole process would have taken 3 weeks and a bit.

Good luck everyone else who is waiting.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:01 pm

Kabitte wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:55 am
Nationality - non EU
Date of Ceremony:
Date of debit of fees:

exactly 1 month from application date to date of approval. this includes requesting of additional information which was proof of address. this added 4 days . otherwise the whole process would have taken 3 weeks and a bit.

Why did they ask for proof of address?

You are Non EU right?

Which document did you send it for that?

Was proof of adress requested on the final documents check list or you have changed address within last 5 yrs or b/w ILR approval and naturalisation?

Also did you use NCS for this or sent in your original documents in the post?

froglove
Newly Registered
South Africa

Naturalisation

Post by froglove » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:55 am

I am in the process of applying for naturalisation.I do hold ILR since 2013 and married to British citizen for 8 years. I would like to know if I need to submit payslips when I submit my application.Aso will i need to send my payslips.

Thanks in advance

sgurr_nan_gillean
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Re: Naturalisation

Post by sgurr_nan_gillean » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:40 am

froglove wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:55 am
I am in the process of applying for naturalisation.I do hold ILR since 2013 and married to British citizen for 8 years. I would like to know if I need to submit payslips when I submit my application.Aso will i need to send my payslips.

Thanks in advance
Once you apply online, there's a list of documents they'd like you to supply in the post. I have a permanent residency + British Husband and there was no need to supply payslips. However, I did send them P60s from the last 3 years just for my own peace of mind and a letter confirming my current employment.

There's no way of uploading documents when you apply online. However, when listing employment, they do ask you for your tax office reference, which can be found on your payslip or P60. But you just type that in.

sgurr_nan_gillean
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by sgurr_nan_gillean » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:45 am

plabo wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:01 pm
Kabitte wrote:
Nationality - non EU
Date of Ceremony:
Date of debit of fees:

You are Non EU right?

Was proof of adress requested on the final documents check list or you have changed address within last 5 yrs or b/w ILR approval and naturalisation?

You can't use NCS to supply documents when applying online, you need to pop docs in the post. This is information I got from NCS.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:24 pm

sgurr_nan_gillean wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:45 am
plabo wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:01 pm
Kabitte wrote:
Nationality - non EU
Date of Ceremony:
Date of debit of fees:

You are Non EU right?

You can't use NCS to supply documents when applying online, you need to pop docs in the post. This is information I got from NCS.
Before posting something so important, I suggest you check with an authentic source like the Home Office first.

Check here: https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... rn-service

Jaxk
Newly Registered

Post by Jaxk » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:17 am

Eligibility criteria: indefinite leave to remain & Uk Spouse
Language Criteria: LIUK + English Test
Nationality - South Africa
Date of application: 07/01/2018
Date of acknowledgement: 08/01/2018 via email
Date of debit of fees: 07/01/2018
Date of Biometric letter issued: 07/01/2018
Date of biometric letter received: 07/01/2018
Date Biometrics enrolled: 09/01/2018
Date of receipt of approval: 02/02/2018
Date of Ceremony:
Date of debit of fees:

This was amazingly fast couldn’t believe it when the post came.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:09 pm

This is NOT a timeline topic.

Kindly post your timelines in the general timeline topic :

british-citizenship/naturalisation-appl ... -9480.html

Or the month specific timeline topics in the sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samkumar2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by samkumar2018 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:28 pm

Dear members,
I am really indebted to thank in advance for your replies.

My daughter born on July 2017 and I got my ILR on Sep 2017 and applying for citizenship registration as well as passport. Planned to do via NCS.
I have completed the MN1 ( 2018 version) paper form and got the reference from my local GP doctor ( who I know for some years) and other from my neighbour . I have also completed the Passport application paper form and got the countersignature from the same GP doctor.
But today when I was browsing the NCS Hounslow website , I came to know this message.

From Tuesday 30 January 2018, we cannot accept bookings for NCS appointments in conjunction with British Passport using the Joint Citizenship and Passport Service (JCAP). The Joint Citizenship and Passport Service will be available to online applications only.

If you wish to use the Joint Citizenship and Passport Service, please submit your naturalization application online and make an appointment with us for the Nationality Document Return Service (NDRS) within 10 working days of submitting your form online. The NDRS service will be available from 30 January 2018. Further information will be added to our website in due course

I am literally confused now..
- do I need to fill online now really?( is joint application online is exempted for new borns etc)
- How do I have to take references..( can I use my paper references I already got from GP and neighbour)
-Itz been 7 months my daughter born and mot applied any dependent ILR or passport..so he is not holding any now...so what I need to mention in the online application
- How I should do the biometrics of my 7 moths old baby
- I am not sure if my GP and neighbour gonna do references again for us in the new online formats etc :(:(
- Do I need to fill online application for passport as well or still I need to use paper form and submit to NCS?
-At what point of time I need to take appointment in NCS..

CR001 or somebody's valuable guidance is highly thankful please

Sam