ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - New Online Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sctt53
Newly Registered

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by sctt53 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:17 pm

Wandsworth Council are doing NDRS and offer Saturdays, and will start doing evenings soon.

cceaski13
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by cceaski13 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:42 pm

I emailed them and they still hven't gotten back to me.
It's been 8 days now.

How much is their Saturday appointments and how did they take to respond to your email?

Cheers!!

cceaski13
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by cceaski13 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:50 pm

sctt53 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:17 pm
Wandsworth Council are doing NDRS and offer Saturdays, and will start doing evenings soon.
I emailed them and they still hven't gotten back to me.
It's been 8 days now.

How much is their Saturday appointments and how did they take to respond to your email?

Cheers!!

Kabitte
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by Kabitte » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:16 am

plabo wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:01 pm
Kabitte wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:55 am
Eligibility criteria: indefinite leave to remain
Language Criteria: LIUK + Degree
Nationality - non EU
Method of application: online
Date of application: 31/12/17
Payment method: Debit card
Date of acknowledgement: 01/01/2018 via email
Date of debit of fees: 01/01/2018
Date of Biometric letter issued: 01/01/2018
Date of biometric letter received: 01/01/2018
Date Biometrics enrolled: 06/01/2018
Date on Approval letter: 30/01/2018
Date of receipt of approval: 01/02/2018
Date of receipt of ceremony letter:
Date of Ceremony:
Date of Passport Application:
Date of debit of fees:
Date Passport to be received:

exactly 1 month from application date to date of approval. this includes requesting of additional information which was proof of address. this added 4 days . otherwise the whole process would have taken 3 weeks and a bit.

Good luck everyone else who is waiting.
Why did they ask for proof of address?

You are Non EU right?

Which document did you send it for that?

Was proof of adress requested on the final documents check list or you have changed address within last 5 yrs or b/w ILR approval and naturalisation?

Also did you use NCS for this or sent in your original documents in the post?
Hi Pablo, for the proof of address I just sent the first page of my bank statement. see my update below as well

Eligibility criteria: indefinite leave to remain
Language Criteria: LIUK + Degree
Nationality - non EU
Method of application: online
Date of application: 31/12/17
Payment method: Debit card
Date of acknowledgement: 01/01/2018 via email
Date of debit of fees: 01/01/2018
Date of Biometric letter issued: 01/01/2018
Date of biometric letter received: 01/01/2018
Date Biometrics enrolled: 06/01/2018
Date on Approval letter: 30/01/2018
Date of receipt of approval: 01/02/2018
Date of receipt of ceremony letter: 07/02/2018
Date of Ceremony: 01/03/2018
Date of Passport Application:
Date of debit of fees:
Date Passport to be received:

Kabitte
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by Kabitte » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:26 am

@Pablo to answer your questions further

Why did they ask for proof of address? -i think it was to cove proof of living in the United Kingdom

You are Non EU right? - yep...born and bred in Africa

Which document did you send it for that? - bank statement

Was proof of adress requested on the final documents check list or you have changed address within last 5 yrs or b/w ILR approval and naturalisation?
- no it wasn't but there is a Proof of Living in the United Kingdom for Mrs ABC

Also did you use NCS for this or sent in your original documents in the post?
- nope didn't even know about the NCS. sent docs in the post recorded delivery

barabashka

Post by barabashka » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:03 am

Dear All

I started filling in the online application and have two questions:

1. In the questions about my current and previous citizenship, as well as parents citizenship at the time of my birth, there is drop down list which does not include USSR. USSR is where I was born and this is my previous (not current) citizenship, as well as previous citizenship of my parents when I was born. We then emigrated to another country in 1991 when the USSR still existed ( USSR citizenship was stripped at that moment of the emigration).
The only drop down list option is Russian Federation - but this would be providing incorrect information as my parents and I never been citizens of Russian Federation?

2. In the addresses list in the last 5 years, there is a gap of 2.5 months when I moved from one place and before I moved into the next place (I was renting at that time). In this period of 2.5 months I was sent abroad for work. This is included in my absences period, but what I should indicate in the addresses - leave a gap, or should I provide the foreign address for these 2.5 months (My employer paid for me to rent a flat for 2.5 months during this work abroad, so there is a specific address abroad I can provide - but is this a correct thing or leaving the gap is a correct thing)?

Many thanks!

sctt53
Newly Registered

Post by sctt53 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:04 pm

In response to the post about Wandsworth NDRS.

You have to email ndrs@wandsworth.gov.uk. They replied within an hour. I was offered an appointment this week but I'm not ready yet, so will probably do next week.

They charge the same whether its weekday or Saturdays, £35 NDRS, £15 JCAP plus postage.

viv2286
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by viv2286 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:45 am

Hi,

This thread is really helpful..I am just filling up the online application and will be using NDRS.. In the section where it asks for previous immigration application details, I understand that we need to fill out all our previous applications made to UKVI, UKBA like mine previous was ILR and before that Tier1 general etc.. so in the previous application details section it asks-Name in which you made the application:: does it mean to ask name in which I made the application i.e. my name or the application name i.e. ILR, Tier 1G? I believe it is asking the name of applicant but want to confirm as nowhere else it asks for type of application just reference and application date. Looking forward to hear from someone soon, many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:48 am

viv2286 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:45 am
Hi,

This thread is really helpful..I am just filling up the online application and will be using NDRS.. In the section where it asks for previous immigration application details, I understand that we need to fill out all our previous applications made to UKVI, UKBA like mine previous was ILR and before that Tier1 general etc.. so in the previous application details section it asks-Name in which you made the application:: does it mean to ask name in which I made the application i.e. my name or the application name i.e. ILR, Tier 1G? I believe it is asking the name of applicant but want to confirm as nowhere else it asks for type of application just reference and application date. Looking forward to hear from someone soon, many thanks in advance.
Your NAME. Some people change their names, either through marriage or deed poll. HO needs to make sure your records match.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

viv2286
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by viv2286 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:59 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:48 am
viv2286 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:45 am
Hi,

Your NAME. Some people change their names, either through marriage or deed poll. HO needs to make sure your records match.
Many thanks CR001, that's what I thought and just wanted to confirm with someone. Thanks again! :)

barabashka

Post by barabashka » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:22 pm

barabashka wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:03 am
Dear All

1. In the questions about my current and previous citizenship, as well as parents citizenship at the time of my birth, there is drop down list which does not include USSR. USSR is where I was born and this is my previous (not current) citizenship, as well as previous citizenship of my parents when I was born. We then emigrated to another country in 1991 when the USSR still existed ( USSR citizenship was stripped at that moment of the emigration).
The only drop down list option is Russian Federation - but this would be providing incorrect information as my parents and I never been citizens of Russian Federation?

2. In the addresses list in the last 5 years, there is a gap of 2.5 months when I moved from one place and before I moved into the next place (I was renting at that time). In this period of 2.5 months I was sent abroad for work. This is included in my absences period, but what I should indicate in the addresses - leave a gap, or should I provide the foreign address for these 2.5 months (My employer paid for me to rent a flat for 2.5 months during this work abroad, so there is a specific address abroad I can provide - but is this a correct thing or leaving the gap is a correct thing)?

Many thanks!
So...after thinking a bit I made some decisions on the questions above in my post...would anyone be able to comment if this sounds reasonable:
1. Since there is no option to choose USSR, I will indicate "Russian Federation" in relevant places, but with my documents I will also provide a cover letter explaining that this in fact was USSR but I did not have such option in online form.
2. I will include address abroad I resided for these 2.5 months in my list of addresses to be maximally transparent.
How this sounds?

IcikePicike
Hungary

Post by IcikePicike » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:49 am

barabashka wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:22 pm
barabashka wrote:
Dear All

Many thanks!
So...after thinking a bit I made some decisions on the questions above in my post...would anyone be able to comment if this sounds reasonable:
1. Since there is no option to choose USSR, I will indicate "Russian Federation" in relevant places, but with my documents I will also provide a cover letter explaining that this in fact was USSR but I did not have such option in online form.
2. I will include address abroad I resided for these 2.5 months in my list of addresses to be maximally transparent.
How this sounds?
Sounds good. Explain everything in the cover letter (ignore those that tell you this isn't necessary). The Home Office thinks very much along transparency lines, the same way they issue security clearances: the more they can trust that you are being straight, the better.

Dinoss
Newly Registered

Post by Dinoss » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:59 am

Hi everyone.

Thanks for making this community a really helpful tool to tackle this complex process. I recently registered but am a long time lurker while going through my immigration applications.

I have a couple of quick questions about the online system.

- The system shows links to download referee forms on one screen before the payment page and then after the payment page as well (download section). Are these forms the same or does anything change in the downloadable form after making the pamyment?

- Is one allowed to edit the application (eg change the referee) after making the payment?

Any pointers would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks a lot. :)

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:12 am

Dinoss wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:59 am
Hi everyone.

Thanks for making this community a really helpful tool to tackle this complex process. I recently registered but am a long time lurker while going through my immigration applications.

- The system shows links to download referee forms on one screen before the payment page and then after the payment page as well (download section). Are these forms the same or does anything change in the downloadable form after making the pamyment?

Same forms before and after payment

- Is one allowed to edit the application (eg change the referee) after making the payment?

No

Dinoss
Newly Registered

Post by Dinoss » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:15 pm

plabo wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:12 am
Dinoss wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:59 am
Hi everyone.

Same forms before and after payment

No

Thanks a lot @Pablo. Much appreciated.

barabashka

Post by barabashka » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:26 pm

IcikePicike wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:49 am
barabashka wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:22 pm
barabashka wrote:
Dear All

Many thanks!
How this sounds?
Sounds good. Explain everything in the cover letter (ignore those that tell you this isn't necessary). The Home Office thinks very much along transparency lines, the same way they issue security clearances: the more they can trust that you are being straight, the better.
Many thanks! Appreciated :)

mikey81
Newly Registered

Post by mikey81 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:11 pm

Question for those who used the NDRS service:

Can you send some of the supporting documents directly to the HO without going through the NDRS and use NDRS only for passports?

Ady1987
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Ady1987 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:28 pm

Hi Guys,

on this application there is a question ''Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?''

I have made 4-5 applications but I do not remember any of those apart from last one. Can I just say no on this?

Thanks

vinosubr
Newly Registered

Post by vinosubr » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:34 pm

I have submitted naturalisation documents via NDRS through Council. I haven't received confirmation email about documents received by Home office. Should i contact anyone to check the status?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:03 pm

Ady1987 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:28 pm
Hi Guys,

on this application there is a question ''Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?''

I have made 4-5 applications but I do not remember any of those apart from last one. Can I just say no on this?

Thanks
No you cannot say NO to this question as that would be lying. Only you will know what visas you have held in the UK and that is what you need to list, including ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:05 pm

vinosubr wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:34 pm
I have submitted naturalisation documents via NDRS through Council. I haven't received confirmation email about documents received by Home office. Should i contact anyone to check the status?
You don't say 'when' you submitted but no, just wait, no need to start chasing HO if you only applied recently.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinosubr
Newly Registered

Post by vinosubr » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:05 pm
vinosubr wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:34 pm
You don't say 'when' you submitted but no, just wait, no need to start chasing HO if you only applied recently.
I had applied online on 11/02/2018 and submitted documents via NDRS on 12/02/2018. In Council they told i'll get confirmation on Wednesday 14/02/2018 from Home Office. But still i haven't received confirmation.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:11 pm

They will confirm by email.

Did you enter your email address on the form?

Hanialek
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Hanialek » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:16 pm

mikey81 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:11 pm
Question for those who used the NDRS service:

Can you send some of the supporting documents directly to the HO without going through the NDRS and use NDRS only for passports?
Yes. I didn’t go through the NDRS. Just did everything myself.

MNR81
Newly Registered

Post by MNR81 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:20 pm

hello Everyone,

When I received my PR (EEA family memeber) confirmation dated 17/10/2017 it had the below note:

"The date on which you are deemed to have acquired permanent residence in the UK is 06 April 2017".

My understanding is that I have to wait 12 months from the 06/04/2017 and therefore I can apply for Naturalisation on or after the 07/04/2018.

Can someone please confirm this is correct.

Thanks In advance.