ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - New Online Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RobinCzWa
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by RobinCzWa » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:43 pm

That's correct.

mikey81
Newly Registered

Post by mikey81 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:23 pm

Thank you for all your help so far.

I understand that the referees forms are provided as a download link for each referee to sign, right? I print them of, referees sign them and then I need to provide them to the HO within 15 days? Can I include them to be sent via NDRS?

One of my referees is in Poland (teacher). I take it that it's ok to send the declaration to Poland for the referee to sign and then ask him to post the signed document back?

Thank you once again for all your help/comments.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:21 pm

mikey81 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:23 pm
Thank you for all your help so far.

I understand that the referees forms are provided as a download link for each referee to sign, right? I print them of, referees sign them and then I need to provide them to the HO within 15 days? Can I include them to be sent via NDRS?

One of my referees is in Poland (teacher). I take it that it's ok to send the declaration to Poland for the referee to sign and then ask him to post the signed document back?

Thank you once again for all your help/comments.
NDRS will ask you to provide referee forms at same time of application submission. Delay the NDRS until you have both referee pages signed.

mikey81
Newly Registered

Post by mikey81 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:44 am

Great. Thank you for letting me know!

ahmedkmj
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by ahmedkmj » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:38 pm

Question for everyone used Online application and received approval.

I did apply on 1st of Feb and based on the timeline and your posts I do assume the approval normally comes in 3-4 weeks.

I have received email for UKVI Customer Surveys today 19th , would that mean they decided the application, or is not linked at all?

Will appreciate if anyone can send me the date they had this email and the date of approval letter (date on the letter)

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:41 pm

ahmedkmj wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:38 pm
Question for everyone used Online application and received approval.

I did apply on 1st of Feb and based on the timeline and your posts I do assume the approval normally comes in 3-4 weeks.

I have received email for UKVI Customer Surveys today 19th , would that mean they decided the application, or is not linked at all?

Will appreciate if anyone can send me the date they had this email and the date of approval letter (date on the letter)

Thanks
Not linked to outcome of application.

Please, we do not need this topic to descend into a 'approval date' topic or random survey email topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vancouver007
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by vancouver007 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:21 pm

Hi everyone,
Thanks for this thread it deemed very helpful.
I started an online application and booked an appointment today with Kensington and Chelsea council for the 01/03/2018 to do NDRS.
However thanks to this thread I think I might have an issue, hence I am holding to make the payment and make the application.

I was absent from 29/01/2017 to 16/03/2017 due to bereavement.
I am applying as a spouse of a British citizen, although I satisfy the 270 days residence period in last 3 years and 90 days period in the last year, I was NOT physically present 1 year ago from the application (let's say if I submit my application tomorrow).

A- Technically speaking is the earliest I can make my application the 16/03/2018? or the 17/03/2018?

B- Can the HO make any discretion knowing the reason of my absent if I provide a death certificate. or shall I just wait till I satisfy the "Physically present requirement"? I was in the UK for over 6 years
if so I will have to call Kensington and reschedule.

Thanks for your help

Sandyinuk

Post by Sandyinuk » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:17 am

MNR81 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:20 pm
hello Everyone,

When I received my PR (EEA family memeber) confirmation dated 17/10/2017 it had the below note:

"The date on which you are deemed to have acquired permanent residence in the UK is 06 April 2017".

My understanding is that I have to wait 12 months from the 06/04/2017 and therefore I can apply for Naturalisation on or after the 07/04/2018.

Can someone please confirm this is correct.

Thanks In advance.
Sorry but I want to confirm the date. In this case, can we apply on or after 06/04/2018. Or only on/after 07/04/2018. My case is similar in terms of dates. Please.

mikey81
Newly Registered

Post by mikey81 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:36 am

Hello,
Could someone please copy and paste the exact text from the letter to the referees that they have to sign? The one that you get to download at the end of the application? (obviously please remove your personal details).

The reason I am asking is that the school my daughter attends it would like to see it first to pass it onto the teacher to make sure they are not signing something "bad". It would suck for me to apply first and then only find out that they would not sign it at all.

Also, a question for the people who had the form signed by the school/teacher. Did you have to get the teacher's personal details to put into the online form? Or did you use school's address and teacher's name?

Best regards,
Mike

spiderman01
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Post by spiderman01 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:15 am

Hi guys.

I am a Spanish passport holder who obtained the permanent residency document 15 months ago after applying for it. Now I have obtained the English language test and the life in the UK test. I would like to keep my passport as I will be traveling abroad soon and also want to make sure I send the correct paperwork. So, I thought to use the local council checking service. I also would like to get the passport at the same time of application. A few questions:

1.) Do I need to use the paper form to use the council checking service or can I use the online service and then the council to check everything is OK?

2.) Can I use the online service and council checking service to apply for both the naturalisation and the passport?

3.) What would you recommend me to do if my priorities are to do both passport and naturalisation together, and secondly to use the council service as to make sure everything is in order?

4.) Can I use any local council? Which is the cheapest?

Thanks a lot for your help guys.

Ady1987
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Ady1987 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:56 pm

spiderman01 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:15 am
Hi guys.

I am a Spanish passport holder who obtained the permanent residency document 15 months ago after applying for it. Now I have obtained the English language test and the life in the UK test. I would like to keep my passport as I will be traveling abroad soon and also want to make sure I send the correct paperwork. So, I thought to use the local council checking service. I also would like to get the passport at the same time of application. A few questions:

1.) Do I need to use the paper form to use the council checking service or can I use the online service and then the council to check everything is OK?

2.) Can I use the online service and council checking service to apply for both the naturalisation and the passport?

3.) What would you recommend me to do if my priorities are to do both passport and naturalisation together, and secondly to use the council service as to make sure everything is in order?

4.) Can I use any local council? Which is the cheapest?

Thanks a lot for your help guys.
1. For NCS you can only use paper form. If you do online application, council only will take photocopies of your document . They will not check your application.

2. Form 31st Jan you can only apply joint application via online.

3-How can you apply both?

4- Can not answer that.

lanrezy
Nigeria

Post by lanrezy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:03 pm

mikey81 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:36 am
Hello,
Could someone please copy and paste the exact text from the letter to the referees that they have to sign? The one that you get to download at the end of the application? (obviously please remove your personal details).

The reason I am asking is that the school my daughter attends it would like to see it first to pass it onto the teacher to make sure they are not signing something "bad". It would suck for me to apply first and then only find out that they would not sign it at all.

Also, a question for the people who had the form signed by the school/teacher. Did you have to get the teacher's personal details to put into the online form? Or did you use school's address and teacher's name?

Best regards,
Mike
1. This is an example of the Referee form that will be signed after completing his/her details online

Referees and Identity

Passport photo

On the back of the applicant’s photograph, please write their full name and date of birth. The photograph should then be glued into the space aside.

There are rules about what your photograph should look like. To find out more about these rules, go to

https://www.gov.uk/photos-­for-­passports

Please glue

photo here

This part of the form is to be filled in by the applicant’s referees once their photograph has been attached, as explained above.

Referees should read the applicable Guide to confirm that they are eligible.

Checks will be carried out to ensure that referees meet the requirements below and their signatures are genuine, and we may contact them as part of our enquiries.

Name of applicant:

Requirements of a referee

Each referee should know the applicant personally.

Where the applicant is a child applying, one referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.

For an adult application, one referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing, eg minister of religion, civil servant, or a member of a professional body e.g. accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with this application).

For all applications, the second referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.

1 of 2

Referees must:

• not be a relative

• not be a solicitor or agent representing you on this application

• not be related to the other referee;;

• not be employed by the Home Office;;

• not have been convicted of an imprisonable offence during the last 10 years (unless that conviction can be disregarded in line with the table shown in the Guide);;

• have known the applicant personally;;

• be willing to give full details of their knowledge of the applicant;;

• advise the Home Office of any reason why the applicant should not be registered.

Referee declaration

I declare and confirm:

• That I am qualified to act as a referee.

• That the photograph above is a true likeness of the applicant.

• That I understand each of the points in the “Requirements of a referee” section.

• That, to the best of my knowledge, the details of the applicant given in this application are correct.

• That my details as a referee given in this application are correct.

• That I understand that I could be fined up to £5,000, or go to prison for up to 3 months, if I knowingly give false information.

Full Name:

Signature:

Date:

2 of 2

2. These are the questions for the referee personal details based on what is asked during the online filling of form

1. Title
2. Given Name
3. Family Name
4. Gender
5. Address for Last 3 Years
6. How does the referee know the applicant?
7. Date of Birth
8. Daytime Telephone Number
9. Email Address
10. Is the referee a British Citizen?
11. Current British citizen passport number

I will suggest you start filling the form online to get to the stage where it will allow you to download and print the referee form.
You can then send an email to the school with details required as well as an attachment of the referee form.
Please note that the example above cannot be used because it is not original.

NGuntu
Newly Registered
India

Post by NGuntu » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:20 pm

shakeerahT wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:03 pm
Hi, My brother and i have just used the online application service. its pretty straight forward and you can make payment for your application on the system as well. Once you have completed the application form and payment is successful, it gives you options to download :

- the supporting document checklist (the supporting documents you re required to post to the home office)
- biometric enrolment letter (which you take to the post office to enrol your biometric details)
- 2 referee declaration forms requiring your referees to sign and date (your referees wont have to fill any details because you would have filled it in when completing the form online)
- a copy of your submitted application which you can keep for yourself.

so, in summary, you submit your application online including your payment for the application, you go to the post office to register you biometrics within days and they expect you send your supporting documents within 15days of submitting the online application too.
Easy as Pie! :D
Hello Shakeerah

I am about to use this service to apply now, but I am worried that I will not receive my current passport and BRP card back as I have a holiday planned in 2 months.

Did you receive your documents in 15 days?

Thanks,
N Guntu

Ady1987
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Ady1987 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:35 pm

NGuntu wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:20 pm
shakeerahT wrote:
Hi, My brother and i have just used the online application service. its pretty straight forward and you can make payment for your application on the system as well. Once you have completed the application form and payment is successful, it gives you options to download :

- the supporting document checklist (the supporting documents you re required to post to the home office)
- biometric enrolment letter (which you take to the post office to enrol your biometric details)
- 2 referee declaration forms requiring your referees to sign and date (your referees wont have to fill any details because you would have filled it in when completing the form online)

so, in summary, you submit your application online including your payment for the application, you go to the post office to register you biometrics within days and they expect you send your supporting documents within 15days of submitting the online application too.
Hello Shakeerah

I am about to use this service to apply now, but I am worried that I will not receive my current passport and BRP card back as I have a holiday planned in 2 months.

Thanks,
N Guntu
Use NDRS service, complete the online form. Take all the documents to your council. they will take the photocopies and will return your original document. And make you sure you get the appointment in advance because you need to send your document within 10 days of your application.

lanrezy
Nigeria

Post by lanrezy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:38 pm

NGuntu wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:20 pm
shakeerahT wrote:

Hello Shakeerah

Thanks,
N Guntu
Hi,

You can still make your application online and then use the NDRS (Nationality document return service) to submit your documents copies and retain originals.
Note that it is advisable to book the NDRS first before completing your application online because it will be required to submit the documents within a stipulated number of days at the NDRS.
Check this out.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... rn-service

Ady1987 beat me to it. Good luck

NGuntu
Newly Registered
India

Post by NGuntu » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:59 pm

Hello Shakeerah

Thanks,
N Guntu
[/quote]

Use NDRS service, complete the online form. Take all the documents to your council. they will take the photocopies and will return your original document. And make you sure you get the appointment in advance because you need to send your document within 10 days of your application.
[/quote]

Thanks a lot,

My online application is all ready apart from the fee payment.

I am planning to secure an NDRS appointment first and then make the payment online a day before my NDRS appointment.

Do you think this is the safe plan?

Thanks,
N Guntu

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:30 pm

NGuntu wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:59 pm
Hello Shakeerah

Thanks,
N Guntu
[/quote]

Thanks a lot,

My online application is all ready apart from the fee payment.

I am planning to secure an NDRS appointment first and then make the payment online a day before my NDRS appointment.

Do you think this is the safe plan?

Thanks,
N Guntu
[/quote]

Yes this plan is the safest and right way to do it.

Am submitting payment online on same day, council and also biometrics on same day.

Colina
inactive
Czech Republic

Post by Colina » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:42 pm

I decided to fill the online application form and thought it was considerably easier to use than the paper form until I stumbled upon "select country of birth" and the drop-down menu showed both Czech Republic and Czechoslovakia. I was born pre 1993 so technically the latter is correct but I've never seen that option available and consequently, I used CZ Rep. even when I filled forms manually.

It seems like I should select Czechoslovakia but no other paperwork (except birth certificate) will match. Do you think this will cause problems with HO?

Hanialek
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Hanialek » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:00 pm

I think best to choose Chechoslovakia if they give this option there but explain the situation at the end of your application just as you explained here. There is some box for any other comments at the end.

Hanialek
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Hanialek » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:03 pm

What does it say in your Czech Rep passport?

Colina
inactive
Czech Republic

Post by Colina » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:07 pm

Hanialek wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:03 pm
What does it say in your Czech Rep passport?
CZ passports have "place of birth" which is usually a city or town a person was born in.

Colina
inactive
Czech Republic

Post by Colina » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:41 pm

The options for the country of birth are rather not well thought-through for Czechs, I can select CZ rep or Czechoslovakia for me but only CZ rep for my parents in the online application form.

Hanialek
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Hanialek » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:51 pm

Colina wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:41 pm
The options for the country of birth are rather not well thought-through for Czechs, I can select CZ rep or Czechoslovakia for me but only CZ rep for my parents in the online application form.
There is an option for anonymous feedback regarding the new online application form. Maybe highlight this to them now

Koko5050
Newly Registered

Post by Koko5050 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:46 pm

Hi kindly if anyone knows the link to track home Office application online with the case referenced number, very greatful anyone can help me thanks

maggi

Post by maggi » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:17 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:33 pm
iqkhanuk wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:51 pm
Can some one explain that pls

I have ILR and looking to fill AN for BC.

Do I need to fill another form for british passport if so which one is that. While searching this forum it looks like this can be done under one application.

In that case which application is that which covers the whole process BC + passport.

Do I need to fill in this online form as well and send to HO as a seperate copy. I browse through it and it seems that we can print and send that form also.

So how many forms we need to fill in and send for same application BC + passport.

many thanks
You cannot use the online form if you want to apply for citizenship and passport at the same time which can also only be done through NCS. You will need to complete thr paper form AN and the passport form to do this.

This is confusing. You cannot or you can? my local council website states:

"With immediate effect any NCS appointments booked from 22 January 2018 are not eligible to apply for a British Passport using the Joint Citizenship and Passport Service (JCAP). If you wish to use the Joint Citizenship and Passport (JCAP) Service, you should NOT make an NCS appointment but apply for Citizenship online and make an appointment with us for the Nationality Document Return Service (NDRS) within 10 working days of applying online. NDRS is available in Hillingdon from 30 January 2018, see our website after this date for information and how to make an appointment."

the .gov site also adds to confusion, in the apply online section https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onality-an,
  • Nationality document return service states: "If you want to make a joint citizenship and passport application, you must also use this online service."
  • Nationality checking service stats: If you want to make a joint citizenship and passport application, then you must apply through the nationality checking service.
Please advise how can we make both nationality and passport applications together, without sending the original documents?
Thanks