ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - New Online Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MJA411
Newly Registered

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by MJA411 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:44 pm

kh2018 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:07 am
Apologies if this question has been answered before (I did try looking but couldn't find the answer). I am submitting an online naturalisation application for myself, wife, and son. The online application clearly allows me to fill in details for all three of us, and shows fees appropriate to 3 applicants. However, on looking through the NDRS guidelines for the local council, I am told that I need to fill out a *separate* application form for each adult. Clearly I am misunderstanding something - do I need to fill out another online form for my wife?
Thanks.
I believe every adult must submit a separate application, even though you are one family each one of you will be processed individually and you might not get your decisions on the same day as British citizenship applications are very different to tier points or regular visa applications where you can include your family in your application. I hope this answers your question as that's exactly what me and my family did in our applications (online application).

kh2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by kh2018 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:07 am

Thanks MJA. I see your point about the individual processing of naturalisation applications. Sorry, but I am still confused: Currently the online form lets you list any dependant family members (including adults), and fill out all the details for them along with yours. The details asked are identical for you and them, so essentially it is similar to filling a form for them anyway. I've done this; however, clearly I have only one form right now, with everyone's details filled out. Are you suggesting I remove the other adult from the application and just get them to fill out another online application (the child can remain on an adult's application)? Is that what you did?
Thanks.

OneMan
Newly Registered

Post by OneMan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:13 am

Hi kh2018,

I have gone through the same route onliine form +JCAP. Also, my application is successful.
Me and my wife we both filled in 2 online forms and our little one was shown as 'dependent' on each of our forms.
Hope this helps.

toomuchforme
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by toomuchforme » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:07 pm

Hello everyone,

I’m new here and haven’t managed to read all the pages so I do apologise if that has been covered but I’m trying to find the information about the referee section of the application.
Initially I intended to use paper form and had my referees to fill in & signed the form but since then I’ve decided to do it online .My question is ,do I have to get my referees to signed the pages again ( I understand that at the end of online application there are pages to print for referees to sign ) or can I use the already filled in and signed part of the paper application (it’s essentially the same thing ) .Both of the referees are currently out of country and I would have to wait 4-5 weeks for them to sign or again .Do you think it may be a problem if I send paper form pages with signatures ?

Another question I have is about previous partners,they ask - have you been married or in a civil relationship or had children with anyone other than the partner you are applying to remain with in the uk ? I’m single and applying without the partner and that’s what I have ticked on my application but I do have a child with my previous partner so when I select answer YES for the above question I get asked to ente the date of the start and end of marriage ( we’ve never been married )...there is no way around it ...very confusing...do I answer NO even though I do have a child with my ex partner ?

Thank you in advance for any help.

vaibhavg18mau

Post by vaibhavg18mau » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:51 pm

toomuchforme wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:07 pm
Hello everyone,

I’m new here and haven’t managed to read all the pages so I do apologise if that has been covered but I’m trying to find the information about the referee section of the application.
Initially I intended to use paper form and had my referees to fill in & signed the form but since then I’ve decided to do it online .My question is ,do I have to get my referees to signed the pages again ( I understand that at the end of online application there are pages to print for referees to sign ) or can I use the already filled in and signed part of the paper application (it’s essentially the same thing ) .Both of the referees are currently out of country and I would have to wait 4-5 weeks for them to sign or again .Do you think it may be a problem if I send paper form pages with signatures ? - I think this may be an issue as your refree must have signed and dated your reference form. You application submission date will be the date when you submit online application. Once online application is submitted you get a link to download reference form (which I think suggests that the forms should be signed after submitting the online application). Moderators can correct me if I am wrong or has different opinion.

Another question I have is about previous partners,they ask - have you been married or in a civil relationship or had children with anyone other than the partner you are applying to remain with in the uk ? I’m single and applying without the partner and that’s what I have ticked on my application but I do have a child with my previous partner so when I select answer YES for the above question I get asked to ente the date of the start and end of marriage ( we’ve never been married )...there is no way around it ...very confusing...do I answer NO even though I do have a child with my ex partner ? - Not sure about this

Thank you in advance for any help.

noteworthy
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by noteworthy » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:13 am

Hi everyone

You need 4 photographs for JCAP ( joint citizenship and passport application using NDRS) for every applicant on a family application.

Two of these are pasted on the referee form and should have name and date of birth on the back and two handed over to the person during the NDRS appointment who will include this in the envelope for passport application. Hope this helps.

Noteworthy

qleona
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by qleona » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:51 pm

Hi, I'm completing the form online and I am trying to complete the absences section.

I traveled to an EU country, stayed for a week, and then on to the UAE for a couple of days and returned again to the EU country where I stayed for another week, and finally back to the UK. My passport has a stamp from the UAE.

Does anyone have any advice what I need to do in this case? As I cannot enter a multiple destination trip. And not sure if I need to enter UAE as I didn't depart from the UK and head straight to the UAE.

The field on the online application are:
- Country visited (can only accept value from drop-down)
- Reason for travel (limited text space to 30 characters)
- Departure date
- Return date

Thanks in advance.

birdmouth
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by birdmouth » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:49 am

Hi all,

I'd like to get your opinion on the below question in the online application:

Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?

I have a baby who is a BC by birth. So do I answer Yes because he's a dependent or No because he's already a BC and will never apply.

TIA!

regularuser
India

Post by regularuser » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:36 pm

Hello everyone

I have already submitted my sons British registration application online and already send it through the NDRS service.

Now I realised that I have made a silly mistake in our marriege date.

How do i correct this or how can i contact HO about this mistake or wait for HO's reply ?

PaulG
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by PaulG » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:54 pm

Muyo wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:35 pm
Muyo wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:06 am
CR001 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:49 am
Muyo wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:45 am
Hello everyone, just a quick question. When is the nationalisation application considered submitted? Is it the day one pays the nationalisation application fee or the date of attending NDRS? My issue is that I applied and paid on 19/08/18 at 00:25hrs, but the payment confirmation e-mail which was auto generated and came 1 minute after payment says payment is successful and puts the date as 18/08/2018 which date does not comply with my being in the country 5 years ago date requirement. Because I was in the country on the 19th. I'll really appreciate your advice.

Also to let you know, my NDRS appointment is on 20/08/18.
If you apply and pay online, that is the date of application that you submit and pay.

If you apply by post, it is the day that HO receives your application.

If you apply through NCS with the paper form, it is the date of your NCS appointment.
Do you reckon I should print out the e-mail as it shows that it was sent at 00:26hrs on 19/08/2018 although it says payment was done on 18/08/18 which is clearly an error or I should Ignore it?
Update:

I'd like to thank you so much for the timely response. After printing my biometric enrolment letter and naturalization application form, I realised that the right date of submission (19/08/18) and time were printed on it. (What a relief!) The false date was only on the payment acknowledgement document.
I now await submission of original documents at NDRS.

Once again thanks to everyone who puts in an effort to pass on information. This process can be nerve recking.
HI MUYO,
Maybe you could help me. I have also applied online and NDRS, I want to ask you, have you received an acknowledgement email? apart from the payment one, I have applied online and I have just received the payment email that includes the biometric letter, but I haven't received an Acknowledgement email as such, did you receive it? Thank you so much for your answer.

vaibhavg18mau

Post by vaibhavg18mau » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:50 am

PaulG wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:54 pm
Muyo wrote:
Muyo wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:49 am

If you apply and pay online, that is the date of application that you submit and pay.

If you apply by post, it is the day that HO receives your application.

If you apply through NCS with the paper form, it is the date of your NCS appointment.
Do you reckon I should print out the e-mail as it shows that it was sent at 00:26hrs on 19/08/2018 although it says payment was done on 18/08/18 which is clearly an error or I should Ignore it?
Update:

I'd like to thank you so much for the timely response. After printing my biometric enrolment letter and naturalization application form, I realised that the right date of submission (19/08/18) and time were printed on it. (What a relief!) The false date was only on the payment acknowledgement document.

Once again thanks to everyone who puts in an effort to pass on information. This process can be nerve recking.
HI MUYO,
Maybe you could help me. I have also applied online and NDRS, I want to ask you, have you received an acknowledgement email? apart from the payment one, I have applied online and I have just received the payment email that includes the biometric letter, but I haven't received an Acknowledgement email as such, did you receive it? Thank you so much for your answer.
For online application the acknowledgement is usually sent the following day and it goes into Junk folder. Please check your junk folder.

hari.s

Post by hari.s » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:33 am

Regarding the referee forms on the online application, is finishing the application and paying the fees the only way to get them ready to print?

My referee doesn't live anywhere close to me so I am trying to sort things out but this is a serious nuisance as I have filled in all the referee details but can't seem to find a way to print it unless I wrap up the entire application.

A short 10-day window after that to get things done leaves me in an awkward position.

I would appreciate any guidance regarding this.
EEA FP: 07/09/2012
UK entry: 23/09/2012
EEA1+EEA2: 19/04/2013
Non-EEA PR+EEA DCPR: 11/12/2017+16/12/2017
British citizenship: 06/12/2018

hari.s

Post by hari.s » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:44 am

hari.s wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:33 am
Regarding the referee forms on the online application, is finishing the application and paying the fees the only way to get them ready to print?

My referee doesn't live anywhere close to me so I am trying to sort things out but this is a serious nuisance as I have filled in all the referee details but can't seem to find a way to print it unless I wrap up the entire application.

A short 10-day window after that to get things done leaves me in an awkward position.

I would appreciate any guidance regarding this.
My bad. Turns out, once you fill in the earlier sections and get to the Declaration section, it lets you download the two forms for your referees to sign. This is also available after paying, should you prefer that.

Screenshot link below - hoping this is helpful to other people on this currently navigating the online application process.

https://imgur.com/a/WcZNjgF

PaulG
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by PaulG » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:02 am

vaibhavg18mau wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:50 am
PaulG wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:54 pm
Muyo wrote:
Muyo wrote:

Update:

HI MUYO,
For online application the acknowledgement is usually sent the following day and it goes into Junk folder. Please check your junk folder.
@vaibhavg Thank you!

regularuser
India

Post by regularuser » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:44 am

regularuser wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:36 pm
Hello everyone

I have already submitted my sons British registration application online and already send it through the NDRS service.

How do i correct this or how can i contact HO about this mistake or wait for HO's reply ?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:37 pm

regularuser wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:44 am
regularuser wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:36 pm
Hello everyone

Once you have your UKVI reference number for the application write a letter and send "signed for" - keep a copy!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

hari.s

Post by hari.s » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:26 am

This is the referee declaration with the online application. (screenshot link below)

Does this mean the referee is the one who needs to write your name and date of birth at the back of the photo? Or can I do it by myself?

http://i66.tinypic.com/tag35z.jpg

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:31 am

hari.s wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:26 am
This is the referee declaration with the online application. (screenshot link below)

Does this mean the referee is the one who needs to write your name and date of birth at the back of the photo? Or can I do it by myself?

I wrote my name and DOB on the back of the referee photos and then stuck them on the declarations.

My understanding is that the referee should write your full name, their full name and signature.

hari.s

Post by hari.s » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:35 am

hari.s wrote:

In case forum users can't access the tinypic link above, here's the same on imgur.

http://imgur.com/v27Ho8B

hari.s

Post by hari.s » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:37 am

Ancestor wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:31 am
hari.s wrote:

I wrote my name and DOB on the back of the referee photos and then stuck them on the declarations.

My understanding is that the referee should write your full name, their full name and signature.
Thanks. So there is no specific requirement that they write on the back of the photos too?

The wording in the declaration is quite confusing on this.

baerli
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by baerli » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:15 am

Hi,

thank you for the information.
Do I understand it right that you got a confirmation of receipt of your information on the first working day after online submission and before you had submitted your documents?
I was a bit shocked to notice that I only got a receipt for the payment when I submitted yesterday but not for receipt of the application.

Does anybody else know what determines the "receipt of the application" by the Home Office? It matters to me since I was on holiday 5 years ago around this time, but not on the day of the online submission nor on the date I submitted my docs via the National Document Return Service but on two days afterwards, so I really need to know when the Home Office acknowledges receipt.

Thank you Baerli

shakeerahT wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:45 pm
daisyd wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:02 pm

Hey, shakeerahT thank you for the information, I am just filling in the application myself as well - super easy but got stuck on the attaching of the documents, more specifically the photograph.

Can I assume you send over a photograph of yourself with the full name and date of birth on the back as required in the paper application? Couldn't see anything mentioning the photograph in the Document Checklist at the end of the application.

For those that are choosing the online application route, this is the 'Documents' part of the application that I see - sharing this info as tax :) hoping this helps!

Mandatory documents

These documents are mandatory and you must provide them as part of your application. Tick the box to agree that you will provide each document: (Required)

1) The passport issued by (Applicant's Country) for (Name of Applicant)

Other documents

If you do not provide these documents, your application may be delayed or refused. (Required)

2) (Name of Applicant)'s Life in the UK Test pass notification

3) Proof of living in the UK for (Name of Applicant)

If you are an EEA National, you need to include letters from employers, educational establishments, or other Government Departments indicating your presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period.

If you are an Non-EEA National, you need to include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the past 5 years (3 years if you're married to, or the partner of, a British citizen).

If you don't have your passport, or it wasn't stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include letters (for example, from your employer or government department) as proof.

Bank statements or household bills are not suitable proof you've been living in the UK.

4) Two referee declarations for (Name of Applicant)

5) (Name of Applicant)'s evidence of identity
You must include one of the following:
* your passport
* your national identity card
* your Home Office travel document
* your Home Office entitlement card
* your Home Office ARC letter
* your BRP card
* your birth certificate
* your driving licence

You must include evidence you have legally changed your name if it is now different to the one on your supporting document.

If you took the Life in the UK Test and used one of the above documents as evidence, you should use the same one here.

6)(Name of Applicant)'s proof of Nationality
You must include your:
* passport or EEA national identity card
* UK permanent residence card
* evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions

You must have a permanent residence card before you can apply for citizenship Apply for a permanent residence card.
Please note I have numbered the above for clarity, however, some of the documents overlap (e.g. can be covered by passport/EEA national identity card).

I can also see that the requirement for English language test is not present on my application as I have shown my degree for my Permanent Residence. Might be different for other applicants.

Thank you,
Hi, daisyd the photos required will be attached to the printed referees declarations. in this case, you ll need two passport photos, because you will print out one declaration per referee.
I go through this website daily for guidance , so its only fair to share my exeperience with others who may get help from it.

my current Timeline at the moment :
I submitted my online application on christmas eve
On the 27th - day after boxing day, i registered my biometrics at the post office, posted off my supporting documents and also received an email from HO confirming receipt of application.

Although it is not specifically requested in the online application, it is requested on the AN guide which the online application still refers you to. i would say still attach it to your supporting documentation and just highlight that you used it in your application for settlement.

let us know how yours goes. :)

qaisar74
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by qaisar74 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:45 am

HI applied my citizen ship application online and also I submitted my documents through NDS and its now been 8 weeks didn't hear any thing about it. Could any one please let me know how I can check my status and what i need to give information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:03 am

qaisar74 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:45 am
HI applied my citizen ship application online and also I submitted my documents through NDS and its now been 8 weeks didn't hear any thing about it. Could any one please let me know how I can check my status and what i need to give information.
There is no way to check. You simply need to wait.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sawa4u2
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by sawa4u2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:23 am

Hi All,

Just finished filling out the Online application AN form for Citizenship and had one question to clarify. Could you pls help me on it:

The question is:

1. Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?

I have a child ( boy ) with my ex wife he is living with her since we separated in 2012 and 100% dependent on her, I only see him once in a month for couple of hours.

My Question what I have to answer the above question YES or NO

Your prompt response will be highly appreciated.

sawa4u2
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by sawa4u2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:17 pm

[quote=sawa4u2 post_id=1689633 time=1538983420 user_id=183807]
Hi All,

Just finished filling out the Online application AN form for Citizenship and had one question to clarify. Could you pls help me on it:

The question is:

1. Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?

I have a child ( boy ) with my ex wife he is living with her since we separated in 2012 and 100% dependent on her, I only see him once in a month for couple of hours.

My Question what I have to answer the above question YES or NO

Your prompt response will be highly appreciated.

Can senior members help please