ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN - Doubts

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bheeshma
India

Form AN - Doubts

Post by Bheeshma » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:41 pm

Dear All,

I am applying for British Citizenship and I have few questions on the Form AN Please. Could you please clarify my queries.

- Page 10 : Point 1.50 : Employment History in UK

I have been working on a permanent role for the past 3 years however prior to this, I worked
on Contract opportunities. My question is on the Employer Name: Do I need to mention my
Limited company name or Job Agency Name or the End Client Name? I do not hold any limited
company now as I am not doing any contracts and they were dissolved.

Kindly Advise.

- Order of mentioning the Employment dates , Absences from UK dates

Do I need to mention from Latest dates to the old or vice-versa?

- Page 19: Referees and Identity

For 1st Referee Declaration, I know one solicitor for the past 2 years in UK. Can I get their name
as a First referee? Is it mandatory that Solicitor should know me for the past 3 Years? Kindly
Advise.

- Check List of documents that I am submitting along with my application; Please verify

-> Form AN
-> Life in the UK
-> NARIC Certificate
-> Passport and BRP Card
-> Marriage Certificate

Do I need to submit Payslips, P60's, Council Tax, Bank Statements, Driving License? Kindly advise.

Thanks
Bheeshma.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Form AN - Doubts

Post by bruteforce » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:07 am

1. Employment & Absences latest first.
2. Only mention Company name (company number in further information section)
3. Referee should know you for atleast three years.

Suggest you read guidance AN for full list of documents. Also use NCS and you will be able to keep all original documents including passport.

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:12 am

dear all,

where is the section to pay for naturalization fees in form AN, cant find any..?i am using NCS..

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:21 am

Guide AN wrote:It is important that you take care in completing the form and in making sure that you satisfy the requirements for naturalisation. You also need to make sure that you have paid the correct fee (see the fees leaflet). If you pay by cheque you should ensure that you have sufficient funds available. Only cheques issued in sterling and from a bank which has a UK based presence will be accepted. Those applying from overseas who wish to pay by cheque must ensure that the issuing bank has a branch in the UK where the cheque can be cashed. We will also accept credit/debit card payment. Cash, transcash or postal orders cannot be accepted. If you do not pay the correct fee your application will be returned to you unprocessed.
It’s in the fees leaflet.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:32 am

thanks vinny..

much appreciated..

also i dont have my exact dates from last 10yrs of employment history and cant even remember some of the company's i worked for.. can i only fill what i know and leave rest ,
vinny wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:21 am
Guide AN wrote:It is important that you take care in completing the form and in making sure that you satisfy the requirements for naturalisation. You also need to make sure that you have paid the correct fee (see the fees leaflet). If you pay by cheque you should ensure that you have sufficient funds available. Only cheques issued in sterling and from a bank which has a UK based presence will be accepted. Those applying from overseas who wish to pay by cheque must ensure that the issuing bank has a branch in the UK where the cheque can be cashed. We will also accept credit/debit card payment. Cash, transcash or postal orders cannot be accepted. If you do not pay the correct fee your application will be returned to you unprocessed.
It’s in the fees leaflet.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:54 am

Explain in the form or a covering letter.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:50 am

thanks vinny,

also regarding 1st referee, i understand that can be accountant or solicitor,
but can that be a director of company..
where is the detailed guidance regarding referee list of professions they accept, pls share..
vinny wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:54 am
Explain in the form or a covering letter.

cht7520
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by cht7520 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 am

There’s a list of qualifying roles on their website

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:37 am

can i have that link pls..??
cht7520 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 am
There’s a list of qualifying roles on their website

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:42 am

throwawaynicoport
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by throwawaynicoport » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:26 am

bruteforce wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:07 am
1. Employment & Absences latest first.
2. Only mention Company name (company number in further information section)
3. Referee should know you for atleast three years.

Suggest you read guidance AN for full list of documents. Also use NCS and you will be able to keep all original documents including passport.

Section 2.2 says "Please list the absences in date order, ending with the most recent
one.
"

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:26 pm

thx vinny,
exactly one i was trying to find..
great info..

do i need any sort of emloyer letters too i read in guidance though i never had tier2..

i have my passports with all in-out stamps which confirms my residence and i got my ILR as SET LR..?

Bheeshma
India

Post by Bheeshma » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:35 pm

Thank you throwawaynicoport.

Hi All,

I am going through NCS service for applying Naturalization ; I thought that if I apply for Naturalization, I will get passport too which proved me wrong as this topic is elaborately discussed in the forum that we need to fill FORM AN Application and one application for Passport.

Can you kindly confirm that I need to submit 2 applications, i.e ., 1 for Naturalization and 2 for Passport.

Thanks,
Bheeshma.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:55 am

Bheeshma wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:35 pm
Thank you throwawaynicoport.

Hi All,

I am going through NCS service for applying Naturalization ; I thought that if I apply for Naturalization, I will get passport too which proved me wrong as this topic is elaborately discussed in the forum that we need to fill FORM AN Application and one application for Passport.

Can you kindly confirm that I need to submit 2 applications, i.e ., 1 for Naturalization and 2 for Passport.

Thanks,
Bheeshma.
You need to submit form AN for citizenship and the passport form from the Post Office for the passport application.

HO and HMPO are two separate/different departments.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:04 pm

do i need any sort of employer letters too i read in guidance though i never had tier2..

i have my passports with all in-out stamps which confirms my residence and i got my ILR as SET LR..?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:31 pm

paru.org wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:04 pm
do i need any sort of employer letters too i read in guidance though i never had tier2..

This is NOT a general discussion topic. Please ask your questions in your own topic rather than tagging onto another member's thread. It is considered rude, unfair to the OP and creates confusion.

No employer letter required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.