ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 and Childs British Passport Timelines - posting directly to HO or through NCS/JCAP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oneplusone
Newly Registered

MN1 and Childs British Passport Timelines - posting directly to HO or through NCS/JCAP

Post by oneplusone » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:57 pm

Hello,

I am debating that shall I apply my child's MN1 directly via post to HO or through NCS/JCAP as my local council does provide NCS service. CR001 has kindly shared in her post reply in an ongoing discussion that applying either way doesn't speed up the process and I got a question:

Step 1. If I choose NCS/JCAP, does an applicant receive the registration certificate and Passport simultaneously or not.

Step 2. If I choose to submit MN1 by directly posting it to HO and upon receiving the registration certificate and than apply for Child's British passport separately.

Based on above two options, if I choose step 2 than how long will HO take (on average) to issue a new passport for a child.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 and Childs British Passport Timelines - posting directly to HO or through NCS/JCAP

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:21 pm

Step 1. If I choose NCS/JCAP, does an applicant receive the registration certificate and Passport simultaneously or not.
They are processed by two completely different departments so no, you don't usually get them at the same time but you usually get them within a few days of each other.
Step 2. If I choose to submit MN1 by directly posting it to HO and upon receiving the registration certificate and than apply for Child's British passport separately.

Yes once you have the certificate, you can apply for British passport either via standard application or 1 week fast track. You are required to send the original certificate with the passport application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

oneplusone
Newly Registered

Re: MN1 and Childs British Passport Timelines - posting directly to HO or through NCS/JCAP

Post by oneplusone » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:28 pm

forgot to ask, if sending through post to HO, how quickly Home Office sends the original documents back? I don't mind paying extra fee (if applicable) or sending a pre-paid guaranteed next day delivery envelope.

oneplusone
Newly Registered

Post by oneplusone » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:30 pm

CR001 you are star *****. thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:14 pm

oneplusone wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:28 pm
forgot to ask, if sending through post to HO, how quickly Home Office sends the original documents back? I don't mind paying extra fee (if applicable) or sending a pre-paid guaranteed next day delivery envelope.
Originals are kept for the duration of the process and only sent back shortly before or shortly after the approval/certificate. There is no quick or short cut route to get original documents back. This is why most people use NCS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

oneplusone
Newly Registered

Post by oneplusone » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:52 pm

Thank you Char. Now it all makes sense and as you said no wonder why people choose NCS as keeping original documents especially our passports is essential due to jobs or travelling abroad for an urgent or emergency situation.