ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address changed just before Citizenship Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rbob
Newly Registered

Address changed just before Citizenship Ceremony

Post by rbob » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:12 am

Need urgent help please.

In the month of October-2017, we have applied for both Citizenship and Passport at the same time through NCS.

Citizenship ceremony scheduled for next week.
However, due to the personal circumstance, we have changed to new address last week.

Please could you guide, if this affects Citizenship Ceremony? How do I apply for address change at this stage, I might be getting a passport soon after Ceremony.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Address changed just before Citizenship Ceremony

Post by silverchloride » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:29 am

Others might be able to correct me but I don't think you should initiate address change request, etc. See if you can re-direct your mail or be able to access the passport delivery when it happens after the ceremony. It might be a lot of hassle to try and change the address, especially this close to recieving your passports.

Good luck!

baddy

Post by baddy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:31 am

rbob wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:12 am
Need urgent help please.

In the month of October-2017, we have applied for both Citizenship and Passport at the same time through NCS.

Citizenship ceremony scheduled for next week.
However, due to the personal circumstance, we have changed to new address last week.

Please could you guide, if this affects Citizenship Ceremony? How do I apply for address change at this stage, I might be getting a passport soon after Ceremony.
No cause for alarm. Go for the ceremony as scheduled next week, then follow up with HMPO on the addres change on 0300-222-0000. Call them as soon as you finish your ceremony. They will be able to change the address for you. They might ask for proof of address and all. After the ceremony, the ball stops at HMPO.

rbob
Newly Registered

Post by rbob » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:51 am

Thank you, both. That helps