ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Response from the home office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Yesplease
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Cant remember work history before 2013

Post by Yesplease » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:35 am

Hi all

Pretty sure someone has asked before but can't find it.

I can't remember the exact dates of companies I worked for as i was in between odd jobs before 2013.

What can I put Under Employment history. Shall I tell them can't exactly remember.

JAJ
Australia

Re: Cant remember work history before 2013

Post by JAJ » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:15 am

Perhaps ask HMRC for your tax records and Department for Work and Pensions for your National Insurance record?

After that if you don't have specific details and cannot find any other records, you will simply have to say that specific details are unavailable.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.

Yesplease
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Forgot to mention a job in the work history

Post by Yesplease » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:56 am

Hi guys

I’m sure this has been asked before many times.

I forgot to mention one of part time job I had in 2017 on my application.

Considering they happen to check my HMRC NI/TAX history, they may figure out there’s one part time employment missing. Can this be treated as hiding info or ultimately resulting as a refusal or something?

Nothing from my side to hide really. All taxes paid via Paye but just an error by me. Shall I contact them before they catch it.

Yesplease
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Forgot to mention a job in the work history

Post by Yesplease » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:37 am

Sorry I didn’t mention this. I have already sent in the application (nov17 last week) but I forgot to mention an employment that I did remember. The query is slightly different. That is, Shall I contact the home office and tell them I missed out?

Yesplease
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Yesplease » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:26 am

Getting very impatient I emailed the home office for an update on my application.

“Thank you for your e-mail. All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 25th November 17, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.”

This is utter nonsense as I know for a fact people applied in Dec even January have gotten approval.

They do need to have more transparency and logic.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Response from the home office

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:35 am

This is utter nonsense as I know for a fact people applied in Dec even January have gotten approval.
Mostly those that applied using the new online system/form yes.

Be patient, like all other applicants. Bear in mind that some have been waiting more than 1 and 2 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

foxmulder
Newly Registered

Post by foxmulder » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Did you get approved in the end? I have got the same query. Sent my application for naturalisation but only mentioned 6 years. 5 years ILR + 1 year and not the odd part time jobs before. Do you reckon it would be an issue if there is a discrepancy between my ILR applilcation and naturalisation?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:51 am

foxmulder wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:15 pm
Did you get approved in the end? I have got the same query. Sent my application for naturalisation but only mentioned 6 years. 5 years ILR + 1 year and not the odd part time jobs before. Do you reckon it would be an issue if there is a discrepancy between my ILR applilcation and naturalisation?
1. Kindly refrain from tagging onto old topics.

2. See below.
Yesplease wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:10 am
Eligibility criteria: Spouse visa
Language criteria met: Ielts Esol
Nationality: Non eu
Method of application: NCS (JCAP)
Date of application: 25 Nov 2017
Payment method: debit card
Date of receipt by HO/UKVI:
Date of acknowledgement: 5 Dec 2017
Date money gone off account: 8 Dec 2017
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 4 Dec 2017
Biometrics done: 15 Dec 2017
Date of approval: 9 Mar 2018 (letter received 16 Mar 2018)
Date of ceremony:
Date applied for passports:
Date passports received:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.