ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statememts

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mikey81
Newly Registered

EEA wife - residency documents.qualifying period

Post by mikey81 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:55 am

Hello,

I was wondering if you guys could provide me some guidance in regards to my planned BC application for myself and my wife. We are both EEA citizens, in the UK since 2006, we got our EEA(PR) cards in 06/2016.
We want to start the application process for BC in April this year.
Now this is where the "fun" begins.. (proving residency in the UK)
My wife has been in full time employment since 04/2016 so we can only produce P60s/payslips for that period. Previously she has worked full time as well but her employment finished 07/2012 and since then she was a stay at home mum looking after our daughter.
The problem is proving residency between 2012 and 2016 for her since we didn't claim any benefits nor she went to any school or visited GP that often.
The only documentation we can produce really are:
- confirmation of registration from GP,
-tenancy agreement
-bank statements
- she has been on the voting register for the entire period and on the council tax bills (assuming we will be able to get copies of bills from the council as we didn't keep them)
I understand that all of the above do not really count as evidence of residence in the UK

Now I think i possibly have 3 options:
1) Submit the documentation for the period of 2006 to 2012 for which she has got WRS/P60s/payslip. We also have some documents from various government agencies since we have claimed child tax credits and benefits.
My question is - can we submit residency documentation for period 2006 to 2012 and prove the days abroad for the last 5 years?
2) Could I apply myself now and get citizenship. I guess my wife would then become an EEA married to British citizen which would reduce the period she would have to prove residency to 3 years. Would that be possible at all?
3)Apply via NCS myself and get my wife to apply by herself and send as much documentation (including bank statements and all officially not accepted evidence) to the HO along with the cover note explaining that she was looking after my daughter during the qualifying period. I understand that this would be quite risky though.

I am sorry for the lengthy post and would welcome any thoughts regarding this matter.

Thanks,
Mike

mikey81
Newly Registered

Re: EEA wife - residency documents.qualifying period

Post by mikey81 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:16 am

Anyone? I would really appreciate input from you guys in relation to my original post.

mikey81
Newly Registered

Application through NCS

Post by mikey81 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:05 am

Hello,
We would want to apply for naturalisation for our family (EEA citizens) through local NCS service.

For my wife's application we would want to send bank statements/tenancy agreement/GP confirmation of registration and so on as we don't have P60, payslips.

Can NCS refuse to send those documents? I am particularly worried about the bank statements as there is quite a lot of them. Can we insist for the NCS agents to send the documents we want, rather than they telling us which they will accept?

Trabant

Re: Application through NCS

Post by Trabant » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:29 pm

Hi. I can see noone is answering so I'll give you a little advice.
Try calling 0300 123 2253 (Home office application helpline) and if you do - call them - ask your all questions and after finishing - call them again and ask the same questions and compare the answers.
It sounds silly - but believe me you can get different answers - if you do - call third time... That's what I did sadly few times...
NCS shouldn't limit you on what you want to pass to Home Office. At least offices in Bathgate and Hamilton in Scotland were like this - they would attach whatever I wanted.
A cover letter would be nice as well - just to be sure.
I hope I helped just a bit at least.
Good luck.

mikey81
Newly Registered

Bank statememts

Post by mikey81 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:11 am

Hello,
Did anyone send bank statements with your application? I understand that these are not officially accepted documents, however bank statements along with some other proof + cover note could explain certain situations for the residency requirement.

Did anyone bring bank statements to the NCS/NDRS? Did they get accepted?

Thanks,
Mike

mikey81
Newly Registered

Re: Bank statememts

Post by mikey81 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:09 pm

I'm going to partially answer my own question. I rang Hounslow NDRS and was told that they do not care what additional documents are being sent to the HO. I can send whatever I want essentially.