ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sending British Passport in Post

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lad 14
Wales

Sending British Passport in Post

Post by lad 14 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:21 pm

Hello All,

My wife and my daughter (3.5 yrs) are travelling to India in Mid-March, and we have applied for my daughter's British Passport, as it’s been close to 3 months we haven’t received her passport yet. I am not sure if whether we will receive her passport by the time she flies to India.
As she still holds the Indian Passport she can travel without any issues, the issue is coming back to the UK.
In case if I receive the Passport later after she had flown, can I send the Passport in post to India, so she can travel back to the UK.
I don’t know the rules for sending the passport in post if it is legally allowed or not, can anyone helps me with my query please.

Thanks

baddy

Re: Sending British Passport in Post

Post by baddy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:43 pm

lad 14 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:21 pm
Hello All,

My wife and my daughter (3.5 yrs) are travelling to India in Mid-March, and we have applied for my daughter's British Passport, as it’s been close to 3 months we haven’t received her passport yet. I am not sure if whether we will receive her passport by the time she flies to India.
As she still holds the Indian Passport she can travel without any issues, the issue is coming back to the UK.
In case if I receive the Passport later after she had flown, can I send the Passport in post to India, so she can travel back to the UK.
I don’t know the rules for sending the passport in post if it is legally allowed or not, can anyone helps me with my query please.

Thanks
3 months is a long time for a passport for a child. Have you tried tofollow up with HMPO to know what the problem is? That will give you the idea if you will even get the passport by the time they are in India. I am sure you dont want your daughter stranded in India. From what I understand regarding India dual nationality, are you sure your daughter is entitled to hold British and India passports?

lad 14
Wales

Post by lad 14 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:13 am

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I am not sure one can chase HMPO regarding the Passport, if it is than I will try chasing them today. And as far as I am aware, you cannot have a dual nationality with Indian Passport, once you become the British Citizen there is some time limit (that I am not sure) to surrender your Indian Passport.
Obviously I don’t want things to come up to this situation but if that comes and I don’t receive my child’s British passport by the time they travel to India, and received later than will I be able to post the British passport to India, is that legal to do so ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:36 am

once you become the British Citizen there is some time limit (that I am not sure) to surrender your Indian Passport.
Yes, it is 3 months from date of the British Citizen Registration Certificate.

You applied in November for MN1 setion 3(1). When you say you are waiting, do you mean for Citizenship or for the actual British Passport after citizenship approval?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lad 14
Wales

Post by lad 14 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:40 am

Thanks for the reply. As its for my daughter (3.5 yrs) so i believe its for the British passport. As there is no ceremony for the minors

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:45 am

lad 14 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:40 am
Thanks for the reply. As its for my daughter (3.5 yrs) so i believe its for the British passport. As there is no ceremony for the minors
Read what I asked, I didn't mention ceremony anywhere did I? Have you received approval of her citizenship and the certificate of registration??

Do you and your wife have ILR or British Citizenship??
lad 14 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:36 am
***Update***

Eligibility criteria: section 3 (1)
Method of application: NCS (Registration & Passport)
Date of application : 17.11.2017
Date of Acknowledgement email: 27.11.2017
Date of debit of MN1 fees: 27.11.2017
Date of debit of passport fees: 28.11.2017
Date of Issuance of biometric enrolment letter: 29.11.2017
Date of receipt of biometric enrolment letter: 29.11.2017
Date of enrolment of biometrics: 02.12.2017
Date of approval:
Date of receipt of documents:
Date of receipt of registration certificate:
Date of receipt of passport:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:50 am

You got your ILR last year based on Long Residence. What is the visa status of your spouse??

indefinite-leave-to-remain/set-lr-appro ... l#p1554529
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:54 am

From your previous posts in 2015, you state your daughter is UK born.

You should have applied under Section 1(3) not Section 3(1), which is for children born abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

lad 14
Wales

Post by lad 14 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:40 am

I am sure I have filled Section 1(3) as i have read the MN1 Guide before applied for the Passport, that must be a typo error. I got ILR in last November and my spouse is on FLR(M)
I did not went for the Registration for my daughter's citizenship as she was born in the UK (error from my side in the timeline folder - Registration & Passport)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:27 pm

I did not went for the Registration for my daughter's citizenship as she was born in the UK (
Form MN1 is the form for Registration so not sure what is confusing you. You have to Register her as British before she can get a passport.

If you have not received her British Citizenship Registration certificate in the post (A5 brown envelope), then she is NOT British yet.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

lad 14
Wales

Post by lad 14 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:30 pm

Sorry, i got a bit confused between the Registration and Passport.
I have chased with the HMPO and there was some query pending, they advised me that the examiner will write to the UKVI for further information. I contacted them again yesterday and they confirmed that they have received the reply from the UKVI and the passport has been printed.
And this morning have received the Passport with the Registration Certificate.
Thanks to all