ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused BC based on working illegally between 99-2009

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

natty2631
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Refused BC based on working illegally between 99-2009

Post by natty2631 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:53 pm

Hi they have refused me British citizen based on me working

OK so here goes my timeline
Arrived 1999 on visitors visa 6 months
Over stayed Visitors Visa and expired
Applied Asylum 2009 and it was refused
Granted DLR instead 2009
Renewed DLR 2012
2 children granted BC based on 10 year rule
Applied for ILR 2016 (granted)
Applied for BC Feb 2018
Reason for refusal
You were here without valid leave in the United Kingdom between August 1999 when your visa expired and September 2009 when you were granted DLR, you were not compliaiant with UK laws in this period.
As part of your Asylum application you stated you were supporting yourself through hairdressing and cleaning, this declaration clearly shows you were working . Therefor we have refused your application.
If you believe the decision to refuse your application was not soundly based on nationality law, policy or our procedures and you wish it to be reconsidered, you must complete Form NR and pay a fee.

I have just gone through my application and found the interview notes where i have clearly stated the hairdressing and cleaning was voluntary, so that is not working?

Is it worth me appealing?
Have anyone ever had this overturned ?
I have been of good character and have a degree and full time skilled job?
Shall i just wait till next year to apply ?

natty2631
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Re: Refused BC based on working illegally between 99-2009

Post by natty2631 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:05 pm

Someone please help

baddy

Post by baddy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:06 pm

natty2631 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:53 pm
Hi they have refused me British citizen based on me working

OK so here goes my timeline
Arrived 1999 on visitors visa 6 months
Over stayed Visitors Visa and expired
Applied Asylum 2009 and it was refused
Granted DLR instead 2009
Renewed DLR 2012
2 children granted BC based on 10 year rule
Applied for ILR 2016 (granted)
Applied for BC Feb 2018
Reason for refusal
You were here without valid leave in the United Kingdom between August 1999 when your visa expired and September 2009 when you were granted DLR, you were not compliaiant with UK laws in this period.
As part of your Asylum application you stated you were supporting yourself through hairdressing and cleaning, this declaration clearly shows you were working . Therefor we have refused your application.
If you believe the decision to refuse your application was not soundly based on nationality law, policy or our procedures and you wish it to be reconsidered, you must complete Form NR and pay a fee.

I have just gone through my application and found the interview notes where i have clearly stated the hairdressing and cleaning was voluntary, so that is not working?

Is it worth me appealing?
Have anyone ever had this overturned ?
I have been of good character and have a degree and full time skilled job?
Shall i just wait till next year to apply ?
No point appealing. You should have waited till 2019 before applying for British Citizenship. even if the hairdressing work was voluntary, you were in the UK illegally during those times. Dont waste your money appealing. Wait till 2019 befor applying or getting in touch with Home Office, depending on the month you were granted DLR in 2009.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:30 pm

natty2631 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:53 pm
Even volunteer work requires special permission in the UK. As you were illegally present in the UK, this is a specific violation of the rules on top of already being illegally present in the country,