ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stopped at heathrow 2008

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

redsaintt
Mood:
Pakistan

Stopped at heathrow 2008

Post by redsaintt » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:26 am

I have been stopped at heathrow 2008 I was on a student visa on that time they ask me if i work i said yes not more then 20 hours they verified and let me go after 4 hours saying that you are not allowed to work anymore and stamped my passport with no work allowed after then I didn't work in 2009 I applied for coa and married with polish wife 15 Dec 2009, my student visa expires 23 Dec 2009 I applied for residence card on marriage basis in March they issue me 5 years of residence permit in sep, got PR in 2016, now my question is i am apply for naturalization weather they are going to allow me or refuse me cause of these 2 matters?

Advice needed from gurus.

vinny

Re: Stopped at heathrow 2008

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:15 am

If you didn't work over the permitted hours, then you should be okay. Else, wait until 10 years has passed since you last worked over the permitted hours.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

redsaintt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by redsaintt » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:36 am

vinny wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:15 am
If you didn't work over the permitted hours, then you should be okay. Else, wait until 10 years has passed since you last worked over the permitted hours.
Thanks brother
I never work more then 20 hours, what about another issue gap in between marriage and applying visa

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:03 am

You became a family member on the date of your marriage. If she was a qualified person or had PR, then you should be okay. A residence card is only confirmation of your rights of residence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

redsaintt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by redsaintt » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:54 am

redsaintt wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:36 am
vinny wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:15 am
Thanks brother
I never work more then 20 hours, what about another issue gap in between marriage and applying visa

Thanks Brother
How do I confirm my employer won't put more then 20 hours cause I don't trust him(I was working in pizza shop 2008)
I contact HMRC they says we can't look more then 5 years back.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:04 am

redsaintt wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:54 am
Then it's doubtful there's any data left, one way or the other.

redsaintt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by redsaintt » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:15 am

vinny wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:04 am
redsaintt wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:54 am
Then it's doubtful there's any data left, one way or the other.
Thanks for rapid reply
One last thing to verify I work 8 year in one company they put my ni number wrong in the system I just realise last years try to corrected they did it when I contacted HMRC for 5 year record they says you were not working all these years which I did I explain them they said contact your employer I contact my employer my employer said I correct now it hmrc job to retrieve all the data from wrong ni to update record long story short I was going up and down still no result. My manager says I can give you letter confirming that you work here from last 8 years. Now my question is that letter should be enough or shall I attached a covering letter with It and explain the story.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:44 am

Probably attach a covering letter with it and explain the story.