ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding 450 days outside UK rule for BC application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

6pandn21
Nepal

Regarding 450 days outside UK rule for BC application

Post by 6pandn21 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:46 pm

I got my ILR through 10 year rule on August 2017 and travelled away from UK on November 1 2017. I will be away for about 7 months (planning to return on June) and am thinking of applying for Naturalisation in June/July 2019.

I will be away from the UK for about 200 days until June 2017 and about 250 days in total in the last 5 years. Will this be an issue for me when making an application? I was told that there might be some issues if I stay away from the UK over 6 continuous months (180 days). I checked the home office guidelines ( https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen) and can't find any such rule.

Is there any rule when making a British Citizenship application that I need to be aware of and travel back to the UK before I reach 180 continuous days outside the UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Regarding 450 days outside UK rule for BC application

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:48 pm

I was told that there might be some issues if I stay away from the UK over 6 continuous months (180 days).
Don't listen to everything you are told.
Is there any rule when making a British Citizenship application that I need to be aware of and travel back to the UK before I reach 180 continuous days outside the UK?
There is no such 6 months/180 days rule for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

6pandn21
Nepal

Post by 6pandn21 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:30 am

Thank you for the clarification.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:14 pm

6pandn21 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:46 pm
I got my ILR through 10 year rule on August 2017 and travelled away from UK on November 1 2017. I will be away for about 7 months (planning to return on June) and am thinking of applying for Naturalisation in June/July 2019.

I will be away from the UK for about 200 days until June 2017 and about 250 days in total in the last 5 years. Will this be an issue for me when making an application? I was told that there might be some issues if I stay away from the UK over 6 continuous months (180 days). I checked the home office guidelines ( https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen) and can't find any such rule.

Only 3 rules about your leaves for naturalisation -

1. spent no more than 450 days outside the UK during those 5 years
2. spent no more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months
3. You must be physically in the UK 5 years back on the date of application (Some ppl failed because not aware this).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.