ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN1 and BP applying- please clarify If i can

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

samkumar2018
Newly Registered
India

AN1 and BP applying- please clarify If i can

Post by samkumar2018 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:10 pm

Dear members,
Many thanks in advance for the valuable time and replies.
I have a query and great if you can sort it out.
I am in ILR granted last year Sept 2017 and I am planning for naturalisation and passport this septerber 2018 ( in 4 months time from now) and I am ensuring that I am not out of country in the last one year for more than 90 days ..But my querry is :

A- 5 years back from this sep'18 which is sept 13- I am not in this country , on personal compelling reasons I was out from september till Jan end /feb 2014 ánd back by Feb/mar 2014 only ..
The application guidance says, that I should be physically present in the country , counting back 5 years from application date..so in that case am i not be able to apply AN1 and BP by this september , but only by next year 2019 Feb etc I need to apply ?

B. In the last 5 years , i was out of Uk for close to 250 days or so ..hope this is not an issue and meets the requirements ..

Thankfull for your replies

Sam

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: AN1 and BP applying- please clarify If i can

Post by Hstepper07 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:37 pm

You have to be physically present in the Uk 5 yrs bf your application. There is no discretion for this requirement. It is best you wait till February.

samkumar2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by samkumar2018 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:27 pm

OK thanks a lot for your replies.. I will wait till next year before I apply

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:33 pm

Hstepper07 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:37 pm
You have to be physically present in the Uk 5 yrs bf your application. There is no discretion for this requirement. It is best you wait till February.
do anyone know the rationale of this rule?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.