ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JCAP - Passport application documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mikey81
Newly Registered

Passport application at NDRS - parents details

Post by mikey81 » Mon May 14, 2018 2:21 pm

Hello,
I am planning to apply for naturalization and passport at the same time at the NDRS appointment.
I have noticed that Section 4 of the passport application is asking for parents details. I don't know all of them (marriage date) so I wonder if I can skip that detail? Please bear in mind that both parents are Polish.
I am doing the online naturalization form and have skipped parents details in that form too.

Did anyone came across similar issue?

Thanks,
Mike

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport application at NDRS - parents details

Post by CR001 » Mon May 14, 2018 2:22 pm

You are required to complete Parents details as much as possible in both form AN and passport form.

In passport form, grandparents details is not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Twine

Post by Twine » Mon May 14, 2018 3:44 pm

Hi mikey81,

Note the following when it comes to the passport application as part of a JCAP process...

Applications are made using the standard British Passport application form. These are available from the Post Office or at your council's Register Office. When you fill in the form, please make sure that:
  • Applicants should complete sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 (if applicable) and 9 of the passport application form. They do not need to complete section 10 nor have the 2 photographs certified. Details of referees will be collected as part of the citizenship application.
  • You need to bring in three photographs. The photographs submitted with both applications must be identical (i.e. from the same sitting) and comply with the photo standards as described in the accompanying guidance. The applicant’s name should be written on the back of one photograph.
  • Section 1: Any applicant within 6 months of their 16th birthday at the time of application must attend the appointment in person.
  • Section 2: Please do not enter a mobile phone number in section 2 of the application form. Please enter it in Section 8 instead.
  • Section 4: Grandparents’ details are not required.
  • If you are unsure about any requirements leave the section of the form blank and complete it at your appointment.

mikey81
Newly Registered

Post by mikey81 » Mon May 14, 2018 4:35 pm

Thank you for your reply. This is great as I actually was wondering about the countersignatory for the passport application.

Let me make sure I have everything in order.
JCAP is online application + NDRS appointment at any council, right?

For the naturalisation I am planning to use 2 referees. One - person over 25 with British passport. Two - Polish passport holder, qualified accountant.

I assume that the JCAP service will allow me to use exactly those 2 referees as part of the passport application? The reason I am worried is that for the passport application I need a countersignatory who is British passport holder and on the list of qualified people. I don't have such person to sign my passport application.

Twine

Post by Twine » Tue May 15, 2018 11:37 am

mikey81 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 4:35 pm
JCAP is online application + NDRS appointment at any council, right?
Yes.
mikey81 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 4:35 pm
For the naturalisation I am planning to use 2 referees. One - person over 25 with British passport. Two - Polish passport holder, qualified accountant.

I assume that the JCAP service will allow me to use exactly those 2 referees as part of the passport application? The reason I am worried is that for the passport application I need a countersignatory who is British passport holder and on the list of qualified people. I don't have such person to sign my passport application.
Understood. Your referees are 'acceptable' for a naturalisation application by itself but not for a passport application by itself. Fortunately the statement in the referee page of Form AN covers the requirement for certification of photos so once the pictures are accepted for naturalisation then it seems like HMPO is satisfied. So, if you do not know any UK professionals, this joint application route is probably better so you don't have issues later on trying to get your British passport.

If doing JCAP, you are advised to NOT fill out Section 10 on the passport application. See this related link from a London council about JCAP.

I have only seen previous discussion on the website about this issue here and here. Perhaps someone who has applied via JCAP with similar referees and received their passport can add to this thread?

mikey81
Newly Registered

Post by mikey81 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:43 am

Thank you for your input. I really appreciate it.
I agree that the JCAP requirements are quite specific to not fill out section 10 as the referees for the AN1 application will suffice.

mikey81
Newly Registered

JCAP - Passport application documents

Post by mikey81 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:54 pm

Hi,
I'm planning to use JCAP process and was wondering if I need any other supporting documents for passport application on top of what I'll already be providing with my AN application?

Or is it only the passport form and 2 photos?

Thanks,
Mike

alterhase58
Germany

Re: JCAP - Passport application documents

Post by alterhase58 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:38 pm

No additional documents required for passport apart from application form and photos.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.