ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Form Professional Referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shahemaan
United Arab Emirates

MN1 Form Professional Referees

Post by shahemaan » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:07 pm

Dear All,

I am in a process to apply British citizenship for my 8 months old son after obtaining ILR. I am really struggling to provide a Professional Referee as My GP doesn't want to share his personal detail. I have tried to contact the health visitor but she has left as well. I can provide my employer reference or my friends Mother is Counsellor but in another county. Can someone please guide me?

Regards,

muraenidae

Re: MN1 Form Professional Referees

Post by muraenidae » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:34 pm

The whole referee business is so annoying and outdated, isn't it? Why are we being made to bother other people for their personal details like passport numbers, birthdates, current and previous addresses? I completely understand if they don't want to share them!

Anyway. Your professional referee does not need to be a British citizen, maybe that opens up some possibilities. Do you have a minister of religion? Perhaps a nurse or midwife? I think with children the home office is not as strict about referees.

I used two nursery workers at my daughters nursery ("childcare practitioner" which isn't on the list of accepted professions) and it was fine, but probably your son does not attend any childcare settings yet?

muraenidae

Post by muraenidae » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:40 pm

PS: Also note that your application will not fail because of unsuitable referees - you will simply be asked to provide an alternative referee.

shahemaan
United Arab Emirates

Post by shahemaan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:38 pm

Thanks muraenidae, for your reply.

I have contacted the local council for nationality document return service and explained the situation to them. They said if i can write a cover letter explaining that i made a failed attempt to obtain a reference along with my employer reference it should be ok. So I have booked an appointment keeping fingers crossed.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:56 pm

shahemaan wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:07 pm
Dear All,

I am in a process to apply British citizenship for my 8 months old son after obtaining ILR. I am really struggling to provide a Professional Referee as My GP doesn't want to share his personal detail. I have tried to contact the health visitor but she has left as well. I can provide my employer reference or my friends Mother is Counsellor but in another county. Can someone please guide me?

Regards,
no one wants to provide contact info and Passport no.

I faced similar situation even teachers refused to give information , best is minister of religion . I had no issue with Imam ref.

IMO, GPs is no more in valid list of ref. (as their time is very important)
Khurram