ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for Naturalisation as spouse no NCRS app available

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

q786
South Africa

Assistance needed on online application

Post by q786 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:37 pm

Hi,

I recently applied for my ILR through spouse visa which was granted on the 7th August. As married to a BC I can apply straight away for naturalisation.

I started the online application and came across a few questions.
Other applications to the UK:
I have made a few, student, PSW and then spouse. In all 10 years including spouse means I'm here for 10yrs.

I needed to supply places of work which equates to 10years as I am here for that long,
how will they know that I am applying for Naturalisation married to BC and not long residency? Should I do a cover letter and inform them?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Assistance needed on online application

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Other applications to the UK:
I have made a few, student, PSW and then spouse. In all 10 years including spouse means I'm here for 10yrs.
You need to list all applications you have made to HO.
I needed to supply places of work which equates to 10years as I am here for that long,
how will they know that I am applying for Naturalisation married to BC and not long residency? Should I do a cover letter and inform them?
Regardless of which route you are applying for citizenship (3/5 years), it is required that you provide ALL your employment for the past 10 years or however long you have been in the UK if shorter than 10 years. It has nothing to do with 3 years spouse of BC or 5 years BC. There is no 'long residency BC' category.

The form should have at the beginning somewhere, asking you under what Section of the nationality act you are applying through. In your case it is Section 6(2).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:42 pm

Do you meet the 3 year spouse of BC requirement, i.e. absence limit and being physically present in the UK on the exact same date 3 years ago as the date you submit??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

q786
South Africa

Post by q786 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:33 pm

Hi yes I listed everything as required. So all years worked and all applications. Yes I’m sure I meet the bc requirements. Been here 3 and not been out the country 5 or 3 years ago this month or next.

I have checked the online application but cannot seem to find it asking me what under section I’m applying for

q786
South Africa

Documents for Naturalisation as spouse no NCRS app available

Post by q786 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:54 pm

Hi,

I Submitted my application online and was told no appointments available in my local area as the service will not be with the council, apparently another subcontracted organisation is taking over. I have tried 6 other authorities and nothing. So I guess I will have to post all my documents.

As I am apply for naturalisation as a spouse of a BC I wanted to ensure I will be send the correct documets:
My passport
My biometrics
Husband- Naturalisation certificate as he is going on holiday and needs his passport
Marriage certificate
Life test in uk
Graduation from UK uni certificate
photos
referee documents

Do I include bank statements and proof of address?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents for Naturalisation as spouse no NCRS app available

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:52 pm

You don't need proof of address documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)